Re: Simoleons disappearing?

by PriestWiz

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@MegspelliarmusHere's how to restore your amount of money: Let's say your household had 50,000 simoleons before this bug reduced it. So with testingcheats on, type in "Money 50000" without the quotation marks, and it will change back.

Message 31 of 101 (1,120 Views)

★★ Novice

I try not to use cheats unless I need to reset my sim or something =(

Message 32 of 101 (1,105 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Megspelliarmus It's a kind of reset :D Just reset the money to what it was. It's a bug, not your fault so you can look at it as just getting what you should have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 101 (1,099 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Agreed! I play legacy, and don’t like to use cheats, but in this case it’s like fixing an error. So using the money cheat to fix things isnt really cheating. It wont mess up your game or anything 🙂

Message 34 of 101 (1,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Created an account just to post a workaround I discovered working through this. Transfer the funds to a business you own (I did restaurant) before you go to Edit Household and when you go back live you can transfer it back into your Houshold Funds.

Was really bummed when I tried to add our cats and lost $100K! 

Hope that helps—-I didn’t want to use cheats either. Console: PS4

Message 35 of 101 (1,064 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Wont this still mess up your funds though? The starting amount changes, so even if you transfer all your funds over, or all but 24k (just an example), it may still change the total amount, right? I think the money cheat is still more accurate, personally. That way you wont accidentally add money to your total. 

Message 36 of 101 (994 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I use the money vault from Get Famous against this bug. Every time I get over 100K I dump my money in it, so I don't lose any major amount when I shuffle household members around.

Message 37 of 101 (989 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It does, however I’ll just move the amount minus $24,000 to cover what happens when it resets. So if I had $124,000 in household funds I would move $100,000, make my changes and then when I went back Live I would transfer it back to get as close to that $124,000 as I could. It may be +\- a few but better than losing it and I didn’t want to lose ability to earn trophies by using cheats.

You could also exploit this to make money by just going back and forth as many times as you wanted.

Message 38 of 101 (984 Views)

money

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Toddler stuff pack, Pets stuff pack, Holiday stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check the similoans before entering manage worlds or travelling then check the similoans when you get back into your households home
What happens when the bug occurs? I go to manage worlds or travel then when I come back to the house the similoans amount changes
What do you expect to see? similoans to stay the same unless I spend them or make more
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello, I have had a problem recently where the household's similoans change. I go onto manage worlds or travel but when I go back most of the time my similoans change; I could have had around 8000 then when I go out of the house and back into the house it goes to 30,000 or other amount
I do use cheats to fix it as I roughly know the amount my Sims have but is there a way to actually fix this?

Message 39 of 101 (1,062 Views)

Re: money

Hero
@cheeseyname Did you add any Sims/Pets to the household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 101 (1,138 Views)