Re: [OPEN] Sims constantly stop working out to play basketball

by ShinoTypeError

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Active trait Sims drop tasks to Dream Big on basketball hoop

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

A couple of us on the bug forums had this problem so posting it here.

At the new gym (and someone on a home lot with a basketball hoop had it happen as well) some sims will work out (or do yoga) for a few minutes, but then they will stop and go play basketball. (Specifically the "Dream Big" interaction). If they are made to go work out again, the same thing happens over and over. I personally have noticed that this only happens with my sims that have the athletic trait. When I take my household of 3 to the gym, the two that have the athletic trait will stop and go play basketball, but my sim without it will work out normally until finished. Not sure if there's a connection with the trait and the Dreaming Big obsession.

Edited by EA_Mai: If you are having this in consoles, please, go here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Ps4-pro-console-getting-old-pc-big-dreams-glitch/m-p/6656291#M...

Message 1 of 45 (8,440 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Active trait Sims drop tasks to Dream Big on basketball hoop

Hero

• Sims with the active trait should no longer attempt “Close Shot” and “Dream Big” interactions on the basketball hoop every waking second of the day. This has been tuned down significantly.

Fixed in Patch 1.32.1

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 45 (7,596 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] Sims constantly stop working out to play basketball

Hero

I can replicate this with the active trait.

I'll add on the next round.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 45 (8,186 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Sims constantly stop working out to play basketball

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 45 (8,162 Views)

I have something similar with a Sim who I had to keep sending back to the kitchen. All she wanted to do was go upstairs (it's a penthouse) and play basketball.

Sul sul from Luth!
No, I don't work for EA. Just here as a volunteer for non-DM support.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods and CC?
Message 4 of 45 (8,063 Views)

Hero

Do they have the active trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 45 (8,053 Views)

★★ Apprentice
This happens to my active sims too. They stop exercising to play basketball and also try to play basketball while they are eating in the kitchen (on my home lot). This causes a glitch where they clip through the floor for a while until I cancel the basketball interaction, usually "dream big". Also, when I tell them to use the basketball hoop, after a few sim minutes they just walk back to sit down in the kitchen.
Message 6 of 45 (8,002 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have a Sim in one of my households that does this, too. He will stop doing things he is told to do to play basketball, and I've also observed him ignoring hunger, hygiene, energy in the red to play basketball as well. He does have the active trait, though I didn't make the connection to the trait and this behavior until I saw this thread. I just figured he was obsessed with basketball for some reason. 

Definitely an annoyance. It makes me not want to use the Active trait for awhile until this gets fixed. 

Message 7 of 45 (7,995 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem.  And when they clip through the floor, they use the swimming animation.

Message 8 of 45 (7,977 Views)

★ Novice
I had the same issues and a bit glad other people had the same problem, because well playing my legacy challange my sims daughter kept stopping what she was doing and glitching through the floor looking like she was drowning and playing with the basketball net and no matter how many times I reset her she still kept glitching out, I ended up deleting the basketball net and she works fine finally.
Message 9 of 45 (7,874 Views)

★ Novice

I have seen this issue with my active bodybuilder sim. Highly annoying when you're trying to complete the body builder aspiration and need them to continuously work out!

Message 10 of 45 (7,856 Views)