[FIXED] Active sim slides only once/ Walk back on slide

by lolatort

Original Post

Re: Water slide issues - active sim slides only once

Community Manager (retired)

What interaction is pushed on your Sim that makes them cancel using the water slide? Do they perhaps have low motives that they're going to solve for (cooking, bathroom, sleep, something like that)?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 27 (699 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The issue with Sims walking back to the start on the waterslide may occur only in non-English versions (at least in the German version). I talked to Rosemow on the forum and she didn't have the problem. I have this bug every single time I use the waterslide, in all saves, on all computers.

Message 12 of 27 (667 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could you possibly share a video of this issue occurring, @alanmichael1? Thanks much for the help!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 13 of 27 (650 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Hello @SimGuruNick

thanks a lot for your help!! I must admit I don't know how to share a video of the Sims, but I managed to take some quick screenshots. Unfortunately it's just night in my game, but I think the problem can be seen:

The problem occurs with both types of waterslides on all types of lots, regardless of how many free space there is around the slides.

I hope this helps you to identify the problem!

Best regards

Message 14 of 27 (643 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I have just installed the new patch and tested the waterslide - it is as broken as ever (German language version). Sims walk back on the slide causing ugly clipping. At least vampires fly back as bats - that's funny.

@crinrict Could you ever reproduce this bug in any language? Nobody seems to be complaining about it, so this is perhaps my unique personal bug.

Message 15 of 27 (583 Views)

Hero

No, I haven't been able to repro this at all. I think I did test it on the German version but I'm unsure. 

I have a water slide in my store and one at home and both are used often.

Can't remember if you ever uploaded your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 27 (580 Views)

★★★★ Pro

That's really strange ... it happens in all my saves on 2 computers: Sims walk on the slide and slide through each other. It's really a pity because I like this item so much. But if nobody can repro it, the chances for a fix are low. I must try the English version sometime.

Waterslide.jpg

Message 17 of 27 (576 Views)

Hero

Would be a good test. It's pretty easy to change language

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 27 (570 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Ha! I did some research on Youtube and found out that I'm not the only one with this bug.

Here is a brand new Let's Play with a garden party. If you jump to 2:50 you see the Sims walking on the slide and sliding through each other - even in the English version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkLw-JIwkqM&t=86s

Now watch for comparison LGR's review of Backyard Stuff from last summer. Jump to 3:15 and see how it should be: Sims walking back beside the water slide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCyB2r0uPHE

Message 19 of 27 (564 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

And you're also seeing the only once still ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 27 (546 Views)