Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[FIXED] Active sim slides only once/ Walk back on slide

by lolatort

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Active sim slides only once/ Walk back on slide

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

No mods/cc, new save – active sim slides only once and then wanders away (I checked with both slides). The bug doesn't seem to affect townies. Repairing the game didn't make a difference. 

Message 1 of 27 (1,333 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Water slide issues - active sim slides only once

★★★ Guide

I don't know if any other Simmer than me was still affected by the walking-on-waterslides-bug, but today's patch finally fixed for me. I tested both slide types and Sims will queue up as intended and walk back beside the slide. Thank you a thousand times!

View in thread

Message 25 of 27 (635 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've seen other reports on this

Could you list all the EP/SPs you have ?

I'm testing this atm.

EDIT: I can't replicate this in my game. It works fine for me. 

Are you doing trick ? On his own ? Other Sims in the queue as well ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (1,325 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict I have all DLCs except for the Kids Room and Romantic Garden. I tried the plain slide, trick slide, sliding alone, sliding with others. I tried it on a generic lot and it worked (seemed to), but then I had issues again in a park (lots of empty space around the slide). Then the sliding worked. Then it didn't. If a sim doesn't walk away, it gets frozen for sim hours at a time – no wonder it's hard to replicate, because it changes for me all the time. When it works, I notice a lot of clipping with other sliders too.

Message 3 of 27 (1,294 Views)

Hero

OK. I do some more testing on other lots.

I've tried my retail lot where I have no issues

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (1,286 Views)

★★★ Guide

I can generelly confirm this bug - Sims stop to use the waterslide very quickly. And what is worse: After sliding they walk back to the start ON the slide.

Message 5 of 27 (1,257 Views)

Hero

Does it also happen on a new game for you ?

I haven't been able to duplicate this.

I don't think issues like this are save game related but would either of you be willing to share yours ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 27 (1,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict I started a new save today and thought the bug was gone, but after more tries it popped up again. There's no rhyme or reason to it though I'm afraid – but it happens more often with slide or slide with interaction I guess. What is pretty consistent are other sims standing and chatting on a slide when it's in use or coming back to the starting point walking on it (causing cutting with other sims). I'll PM you a link to my save, if it's OK.

Message 7 of 27 (1,233 Views)

Hero

Yes, sure. Thanks

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 27 (1,229 Views)

★★ Apprentice
My problem is sims are using the slides once then going off to other places on the lot.
Message 9 of 27 (1,218 Views)

Hero

Added this

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 27 (1,203 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help