Re: Water slide issues - active sim slides only once

by alanmichael1

Original Post

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We can reproduce Sims walking on the slide, but not the issue with Sims only sliding once.  If anyone is still seeing Sims only sliding once, please let us know.

Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 21 of 27 (723 Views)

★★★★ Pro
Only if there are attractive items (e.g. hot tubs) nearby. Otherwise Sims use the waterslide quite normally and also autonomously.
Message 22 of 27 (711 Views)

Hero

So basically we have two issues in one thread here. I thought you were taking about the using more than once mainly cause that was OPs issue

Sorry for the confusion.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 27 (708 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The "using once" issue seems to depend very much on the surrounding of the waterslide. For example I have a slide at a public pool that is only one square away from the swimming pool. At this venue Sims will almost always cancel sliding after one try because they are obsessed with sitting on the edge of the pool (if someone wants to test this, download my "Mexican Pool" from the Gallery). If you put the waterslide in the middle of a big lawn, many Sims may slide for a long time and even start the action autonomously. But generally the action is less constant than before the CL patch.

Message 24 of 27 (702 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I don't know if any other Simmer than me was still affected by the walking-on-waterslides-bug, but today's patch finally fixed for me. I tested both slide types and Sims will queue up as intended and walk back beside the slide. Thank you a thousand times!

Message 25 of 27 (2,478 Views)

Hero

Thanks you for the follow up.

I'm going to mark this as fixed for now.

tagging @lolatort for feedback though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 27 (622 Views)

Hero

• Sims instructed to slide on a slippy slide should no longer quit unexpectedly after a single slide.

Looks like it's officially fixed now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 27 (583 Views)