Re: Water slide issues - active sim slides only once

by lolatort

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Active sim slides only once/ Walk back on slide

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

No mods/cc, new save – active sim slides only once and then wanders away (I checked with both slides). The bug doesn't seem to affect townies. Repairing the game didn't make a difference. 

Message 1 of 27 (2,565 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Pro

I don't know if any other Simmer than me was still affected by the walking-on-waterslides-bug, but today's patch finally fixed for me. I tested both slide types and Sims will queue up as intended and walk back beside the slide. Thank you a thousand times!

View in thread

Message 25 of 27 (2,291 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've seen other reports on this

Could you list all the EP/SPs you have ?

I'm testing this atm.

EDIT: I can't replicate this in my game. It works fine for me. 

Are you doing trick ? On his own ? Other Sims in the queue as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (2,536 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I have all DLCs except for the Kids Room and Romantic Garden. I tried the plain slide, trick slide, sliding alone, sliding with others. I tried it on a generic lot and it worked (seemed to), but then I had issues again in a park (lots of empty space around the slide). Then the sliding worked. Then it didn't. If a sim doesn't walk away, it gets frozen for sim hours at a time – no wonder it's hard to replicate, because it changes for me all the time. When it works, I notice a lot of clipping with other sliders too.

Message 3 of 27 (2,505 Views)

Hero

OK. I do some more testing on other lots.

I've tried my retail lot where I have no issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (2,497 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can generelly confirm this bug - Sims stop to use the waterslide very quickly. And what is worse: After sliding they walk back to the start ON the slide.

Message 5 of 27 (2,468 Views)

Hero

Does it also happen on a new game for you ?

I haven't been able to duplicate this.

I don't think issues like this are save game related but would either of you be willing to share yours ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 27 (2,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I started a new save today and thought the bug was gone, but after more tries it popped up again. There's no rhyme or reason to it though I'm afraid – but it happens more often with slide or slide with interaction I guess. What is pretty consistent are other sims standing and chatting on a slide when it's in use or coming back to the starting point walking on it (causing cutting with other sims). I'll PM you a link to my save, if it's OK.

Message 7 of 27 (2,444 Views)

Hero

Yes, sure. Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 27 (2,440 Views)

★★ Guide
My problem is sims are using the slides once then going off to other places on the lot.
Message 9 of 27 (2,429 Views)

Hero

Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 27 (2,414 Views)