Re: [OPEN] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

by j4f0

Original Post

★★ Novice

I’ve just spoken to technical support. They asked me to clear the origin cache to try to fix the issue but it hasn’t.

They’ve assured me that EA are working on a universal fix but can’t give a timeframe.

Let’s hope it’s soon as this bug is a stinger!

Message 131 of 244 (1,070 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrictYes, that's the same bug. I actually tried to start a thread about it last month, but apparently I also have the glitch on this site where I can't start threads, lol. My bug reports just won't post for some reason. Anyway, I clicked "Me Too."

I'm not sure it's the only bug of this type I have right now. I've noticed over the past few days that sometimes sims won't finish cleaning up dishes, but there might have been circumstantial reasons. I need to play a bit more to be sure.

For the painting issue, I've tried all the usual things: repairing, removing mods, etc., nothing worked. I got excited for a second when I moved my household to a new lot earlier this week, and the first time my painter sim went to paint, he actually completed the painting. But the second time I sent him to paint and then turned my attention to the rest of the family, he waltzed into the living room with his workout clothes on, fresh from playing basketball and the painting barely started. The one thing I can say might have changed is that, after I posted yesterday, I sent him to resume a painting and he actually finished it. Prior to that, that was not the case. I could try "resume" over and over, and he would not finish unless I removed the basketball hoop. Maybe the patch fixed this interaction at least that much. Again, I need to play some more to be sure.

Message 132 of 244 (1,020 Views)

Sim wont stop cancelling interactions for push ups

★★ Novice

My sim wont stop cancelling interactions for stretching/push ups. The game is unplayable. If i click on an easel to paint, she paints for 3 seconds and immediately cancels the interaction for sports. If shes cooking she´ll stop and do sports. things like speaking with other sims or sleeping wont get cancelled.

Message 133 of 244 (969 Views)

Re: Sim wont stop cancelling interactions for push ups

Hero (Retired)
@TaxFraudsHot I've moved your post to the correct thread for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.
Message 134 of 244 (1,192 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing is happening to me and it's driving me absolutely nuts. The game is barely playable.

I'm playing on PC with Eco Lifestyle installed. My Sims can't finish a plate of food without stopping to do some push-ups or conjure a guitar out of nowhere and play it at least 5 times. I went around to all neighborhoods with my favorited households living in them and repealed all NAPs (neighborhoods without favorited households did not seem to have any NAPs applied). However, this still happens. I even turned off autonomy and this still happens.

Message 135 of 244 (1,122 Views)

★★ Apprentice

With Nifty Knitting my new sim stops everything to knit. I send her to grab food because she's starving, she randomly leaves to knit. I tell her to cook, she goes to knit. I have to stop her and make her go back and eat and then she still gets up to knit. She's about to run out of money because of everything she's started on her own.

Message 136 of 244 (1,063 Views)

Hero
@j4f0 Do you have the eco pack ?

This might need it's own thread as this one is mostly about stuck NAPs at this point.

There could be NAPs that make Sims knit but it would be interesting to know if thats' the issue or something else.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 137 of 244 (1,034 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes this is happening a lot! Can't even finish a meal without sim starting to knit. 

Message 138 of 244 (999 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. I can't finish any activity that takes a long time to complete (such as entering video game tournaments, studying for a test or tinkering at the robotics station) without my sims doing random push-ups and stretching. I wasn't paying attention to the NAPs that were active, but I noticed that it probably started after the fitness related NAP was voted in my neighbourhood. I already cheat repealed it and now there isn't any active NAP. I updated the game to the newest patch (1.65.70) thinking it would solve it but it keeps occuring. It's making the game unplayable.

Message 139 of 244 (995 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I notice this type of behavior a lot when it comes to food, though I feel it happens more for inactive sims. Whether it's eating or even preparing something, my sims seem to have a habit of just not finishing. I'm constantly seeing plates of unfinished food sitting around, and sometimes I even find plates of food in their inventory. Then I've seen times where I command the active sim to cook something, and then if I switch to another sim the one that was cooking just stops to do something else.

Earlier while playing I commanded a sim to make herself a meal, and while she was preparing I switched to another sim to check their needs. When I switched back to the one that was supposed to be cooking, they were eating something else and had left a cutting board on the counter because they stopped cooking. I've thrown two wedding events since the recent updates, and in both events even the caterer has just stopped what they were cooking to hang out as if they were a guest.

I'm playing on the PS4, no expansions or anything though I do have the latest update.

Message 140 of 244 (938 Views)