Re: [OPEN] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

by AmallaeLennon

Original Post

Re: glitch with autonomy

Hero
@corgisim Merging this with the master thread on this. It's mainly due to the NAPs in place and this error

There's a more detailed explanation in this thread on what's happeneing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to/td... .. plus some specific threads for specific interactions you can also me too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 111 of 244 (1,012 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My sims keep abandoning activities I have told them to do. Adult sims constantly want to practice programming and will stop cooking, showering, flower arranging, or whatever I have told them to do. Child sims are refusing to practice typing and play the typing game. Every time I ask them to do either of these things, they will do it for about 5 seconds before wanting to use the craft table. It's making it impossible to complete the motor aspiration. I haven't had any issues with any other child activity except for those two specifically. I have no mods or cc and all packs installed. 

Message 112 of 244 (913 Views)

Cant paint

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.28
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, bowling, city living, movie hangout, island living, get together, cats and dogs, my first pet stuff, seasons, and dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to paint and let me know if you finish painting.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim leaves painting to do something else.
What do you expect to see? I try painting then my sims never finish it. They always leave after 5 seconds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Every time i try to paint. My sim starts the painting then goes to do another activity after like 8 secs. Its been doing this for a while

Message 113 of 244 (631 Views)

Re: Cant paint

Hero
@Personboy4 What kind of other activities do they do ? Is it just painting ?

Sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Active-Sims-interrupt-current-interaction-to-do/m-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 114 of 244 (580 Views)

★ Guide

My girl, Alexis, was woohooing with Morgan. She stopped to go downstairs to talk to the dog.

Really?

Message 115 of 244 (816 Views)

Re: Interactions completing/cancelling or not filling needs since Eco Living

★ Novice
@rebeccah101 My sims are doing the exact same things. Just point blank refuse to follow any commands. they spontaneously do push-ups, start molding clay, (i have no idea where that came from), always want to be on the computer, playing guitar. It is making the game unplayable. I'm not seeing any help in this thread though...
Message 116 of 244 (785 Views)

★ Guide
@shannonamom No official fix for this yet, the best option at the moment is downloading simvasions mod. Or starting a new game with all NAPs disabled and voting disabled. If you do the latter make sure you turn the NAPs off that are active at the start of a new game in Evergreen harbour.
Message 117 of 244 (769 Views)

★ Guide
@rebeccah101 Well I hope they come out with a fix. Starting a new game IS NOT a solution.
Message 118 of 244 (748 Views)

★★ Novice

This bug is driving me insane. It’s literally made the game unplayable 

Message 119 of 244 (712 Views)

Sims cancel assigned tasks to do something else

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim perform a task (eat, paint, read, etc)
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim begins the task but almost immediately stops and starts doing something else. Usually they start playing an instrument (they don't even own), practicing acting or tending garden.
What do you expect to see? Sim should complete the task they were instructed to perform before moving on to something else
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Lifestyle and the patches that followed

It takes several attempts to get my sims to complete any task.  If I tell them to eat they will pick up the plate and then put it down and start playing violin.  I tell them to eat again, they start eating and then put it down and go to water the garden.  It's the same thing over and over no matter what I task I assign them they cancel it and try to do something else.  They can't even fulfill their needs.  The game is completely unplayable at this point.  

I removed all mods and made sure no performing arts NAPs are active.  I've tried everything I can think of to resolve the issue but nothing is working.  It started after one of the post Eco lifestyle patches I'm just not certain which one. 

Message 120 of 244 (726 Views)