Re: Autonomy broken - Sims will not complete tasks

by Eronair

Original Post

Re: Sims stopping in the middle of tasks

★ Novice

I’ve been having the exact same problem as these! I can deal with my sims stoping doing mundane things like learning skills/doing homework BUT it becomes so infuriating when I’m trying to boost their needs i.e. eating! They don’t finish cooking, but when they do, they never finish eating their food! They just decide to go off and ‘stretch’ or give someone ‘fake bad news’. It makes the game not even worth playing! Has anyone come by a fix yet?

Message 101 of 244 (900 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

★ Guide

I also had the problem before 134 occured and never thought of making a report. But Sime just randomly decide to cancel all I planed for them. It is really annoying while playing a 8 people household because it takes some time to find out that the Sim isn't doing what I told him to. Also a lot of random self-resetting and then standing withh the arms to the side until I manually reset.

Message 102 of 244 (891 Views)

★★ Novice

Can confirm I've had this problem multiple times now -- to the point where I've lost entire playthroughs because of it.

It's most egregious when I send my Sims to university. I've tested with two naps: Back to the Old Days and the creative arts one (don't remember the name--oops). I'll start a sim out in Evergreen Harbor, vote in those two N.A.P.s, then send them to Britechester or Foxbury.

Immediately books will begin spawning in their inventory. Endless amounts of books. The worst playthrough I had involved money being subtracted from my household's fund to pay for endless books. They would stop eating, stop doing their homework, just to read -- for a few moments, at least, because IMMEDIATELY afterwards they'd spawn in a new book and start reading it.

A new playthrough -- totally unmodded -- had the same results. ANOTHER playthrough -- unmodded -- with the two N.A.P.s active that I mentioned earlier, and the result is the same except now my sim starts reading a magically-produced book, then starts playing with magically-produced clay, before switching back to a book. These actions happen rapidly one after the other.

BONUS: Importing sims with this corrupted AI into a new save will not solve this issue. Going back to Evergreen Harbor to repeal the N.A.P.s stated above will not solve this issue. Voting new N.A.P.s into effect in Britechester or Foxbury will not fix this issue. The affected sims are permanently broken.

Message 103 of 244 (869 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I've found that stacking up actions helps. E.g. Have my sim write a book and then have her sit in a chair as a queued action. She is more likely to finish her current action because of the queued action. 

Message 104 of 244 (851 Views)

★ Guide

I've begun to see this too. I don't even own Eco Lifestyle (nor do I plan to), and I have "disable autonomy for selected sim" set because it's almost always an ordeal to cancel an ongoing action in queue without wasting 5-15 in-game minutes or worse. So it came as a surprise when trying to take a jog, the sim would repeatedly cancel the action to do other things and at one point refused to stop walking back to the house for nearly 20 in-game minutes straight before I could finally stop her.

Message 105 of 244 (839 Views)

★ Guide

I don't have Eco either but had a lot of bugs starting with the Update in the beginning of June.

I mean I always have a lot of bugs because that is what happens when you play the same family over a lot of generations (pet bowls disaapearing, changing butler...). But now they really interrupt the gameplay up to the game not being playable with error 134 since about a week for me now.

Message 106 of 244 (781 Views)

Re: Autonomy broken - Sims will not complete tasks

★★★ Novice
@crinrict While trying to fix this bug in my game, i downloaded a mod that lets be see the action/interaction queue of the sims. It seems they are pushing NPC commands.

Eg. civicPolicy_NPCPush_Flavor_Sketch
This is after i had removed all hidden traits related to NAP's and removed NAP's in all neighborhoods.
Message 107 of 244 (739 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

For those who are still dealing with this bug, I found a semi-fix until the patch (hopefully) comes out to fix it. If you have an action following the one you want to complete (i.e. doing homework or playing a game), the sim will not interrupt that action. 

So in other words, have your sim's queue filled with at least 2 actions at all times, or else the sim will interrupt the action. I hope this helps some of you! This bug made me VERY angry for a while but I'm glad I discovered the way around it. 

I'm including an example in case my explanation is off for someone. My sim was interrupting his gaming session to do push-ups, to complete that gaming session all I need to do is tell the sim to do an action like sitting in another chair. This will make him complete the gaming session and then get up to sit in the other chair. 

Happy simming!

Message 108 of 244 (704 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@simvasion Thank you so much for the fix Standard smile
Message 109 of 244 (637 Views)

glitch with autonomy

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? in live mode
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are autonomous when autonomy is disabled.
What do you expect to see? Sims should not have free will while autonomy is disabled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. issue appeared after Eco Life installed

I have autonomy disabled for my game and my sims are actively changing their tasks on their own.  It's really annoying to have them stop reading at random intervals to perform some other activity.

Message 110 of 244 (631 Views)