Re: [OPEN] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

by rebeccah101

Original Post

Re: Interactions completing/cancelling or not filling needs since Eco Living

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a similar issue. My one sim keeps stopping what I asked her to do (I have autonomy OFF) to do the same 3 tasks (practice programming, give fake bad news to her husband, and shake the magic figure 8 ball that answers your questions). She has no programming background, and if I sell the figure 8 ball, a new one reappears in her inventory every time she does it. At one point she had like 40 of them! Its running the game for me since I can't control the character.

I did remove all mods. I also reset the game by moving the folder to my desktop and then putting my saves etc back after it regenerated. 

Note: this sim that is having the glitches grew up in another household as a child and never had any issues until she moved onto a brand new lot. Please HELP!

Message 71 of 244 (3,409 Views)

★★ Guide

@ashleypaganoo If you're playing with Eco Lifestyle, it sounds like she's been tagged with the mischief & tech support N.A.P.s (since most policies give Sims relevant autonomous actions that override player-queued tasks). It really seems like this whole issue is a bug and not mod/broken-game related. 

For everyone affected, I'm really hoping we get a fix soonStandard smile

Message 72 of 244 (3,381 Views)

★★ Novice

Started a new neighbourhood with eco crap turned off from the start and within an hour my sim will not only wander off to do anything but what i tell them, but will no longer sleep either. He'll get into bed, be there for 20 mins in game then get up again, still exhausted. This is rendering the game near unplayable. Can't brew potions as they wander off, can't cook meals, paint, read, write books, anything. It is shambolic that it was released in such a state and there has been no fix.

Message 73 of 244 (3,322 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Writing Bug

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ShantanilyaM Same here.
Message 74 of 244 (3,301 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Writing Bug

★ Guide

I have seen some of this before the Eco pack.

It mostly happened with

' painting, writing a book or working on the robot work bench.

If I scheduled right away another action (no matter which one) my Sims keep on doing the first task and don't get distracted

Message 75 of 244 (3,284 Views)

★★ Novice

My Sims will do the sleep problem you're having, but with showering.  They get into the shower, seems to be going good, come out unchanged.  Still dirty.  My Sims also require me to keep on them and repeatedly return them back to cooking because they will stop MULTIPLE times to get on the computer.  I have to lock my computers unless I need to use them just so they stop going on them.

Message 76 of 244 (3,231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

i'm having same issue. My sim keeps stopping what I asked her to do.. its driving me insane geez EA GIVE US A UPDATE FIX ASAP!!! ITS CLEARLY YOUR ECO DLC messing it up FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 77 of 244 (3,177 Views)

★ Guide
@clairb718 If you need a quick fix until its properly fixed look up simvasions mod, worked for me and fixed this issue my game so its playable again now.
Message 78 of 244 (3,154 Views)

Re: Sim won't eat, push ups without fitness trait, stealing own stuff, unplayabl

★★ Novice

For my sims, they keep stopping what they are doing (shower, eating, doing work on computer, etc) just so they can stretch or do push-ups, even though they have no fitness skills and there is no fitness N.A.P. active. I have all expansion packs, so I'm sure it has to do with Eco Living.

Message 79 of 244 (3,120 Views)

Autonomy broken - Sims will not complete tasks

★★ Apprentice

As a few days ago, the autonomy for one of my households has been broken.  Sims will not complete tasks and will stop in the middle of the task to go play on the computer or dance.  A sim will be very hungry and I direct them to cook a meal and they will stop in the middle of it to go troll teh forums or something.  They start walking away, I cancel the action that came up autonomously, and direct them to resume cooking. Usually once I have done that, they will not stop the action again, but then they will stop in the middle of eating to go play the violin, even though they are about to die of starvation.  This happens with many other tasks too, like going to the bathroom.  They will be on the verge of experiencing bladder failure so I direct them to use the toilet and they will sit down, get up to wash their hands, and go to dance without relieving their bladder.  Some tasks that can go on for a long time, like working at the robotics station or tinkering, will constantly be interrupted and stopped every 20 game minutes or so with an autonomous task.  Turning autonomy on or off and disabling it for selected sim has no affect on this behavior.  Much in-game time is wasted canceling autonomous actions and redirecting them to do the previously assigned task.

It is only this specific household in this specific save game.  I have experimented with cooking meals and reading books in other households within this save game and other save games and do not have the issue.  I also tried evicting the household, demolishing the lot, and replacing it with a copy that I uploaded to the gallery.

I'm playing on a 2019 iMac with OSX 10.14.6.  I currently have all expansions installed, no mods, no CC.

Message 80 of 244 (3,130 Views)