Re: Sims stopping in the middle of tasks

by rebeccah101

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims autonomously repeating same interaction (cooking, et al)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Tiny Houses and Eco Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tell a Sim to eat a meal and wait
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sims stop eating and do other activities i did not queue and cook meals despite the fridge beeing filled with proper meals
What do you expect to see? That my Sims eat the full meal and stop cooking everytime they are hungry
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Pre Eco-Living Patch

Since the big pre Eco patch my Sims dont eat a full meal leave half filled plates on the diner table and do other stuff i didnt told them to do  . My whole household starts to cook or grill  meals when hungry despite neither having a cooking skill and the fridge beeing filled with leftovers

I play this household in StrangerVille for a few weeks now and it just began to after the pre-Eco patch on my side. 

I repaired my game it still happens. Most of the time they walk up to another household member to talk to them

@crinrict Thank you for looking into .While it´s bad that so many other player have huge issues with the N..A.P´s .
I DO NOT own ECO living so that can´t be the reason.

@crinrict Thanks for xour effort I think it comes closest to the first thread :
[NEEDS INPUT] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else.Although it only happens with eating meals in my game so far xD.. But i think the reason is more less the same problem so feel free to merge the threads.

Message 31 of 244 (3,543 Views)

Re: Interactions completing/cancelling or not filling needs since Eco Living

★★★★ Novice
@rebeccah101 YES! For me its the future cubes though that keep spawning. The fake bad news interaction I thought would be related to the NAP initiative that encourages mischief but even with that gone I'm having the same problem -.-
Message 32 of 244 (3,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@NSxx99I've been having a similar issue today, I moved my sim to uni and every time i have her write her term paper on the computer she will for a little bit and then stop and go and get a quick meal. She will pull out clay while using the bathroom. She will go and practice writing even though I didn't tell her to... all this is happening will free will turned off. Became unplayable for me today. This is just one instance of bugs i've run into since installing eco. There are several causing my game to be unplayable.

Message 33 of 244 (3,468 Views)

★ Guide

I have also noticed that disabling free will has no effect at all. I’ve been in every hood and turned off every NAP and turned off NCP voting but no fix for the dropping directed interactions. Also I’ve never hated clay so much in my life. 

Message 34 of 244 (3,461 Views)

Re: Interactions completing/cancelling or not filling needs since Eco Living

★★★★ Novice

Yes the fake bad news is awful. Everytime I play another household for a bit I have to go back and repair all the perfect relationships he had with his family because he's totally destroyed them. This did not start till the eco living update and expansion pack were installed. It's ruining my game and I am sad that some are saying (at least at this point) that there's no real solution. I've spent a lot of money on these games and I hate to see it messed up now.

Message 35 of 244 (3,448 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

★★★★★ Novice
@rebeccah101 This is happening in my game too and it was happening before Eco Lifestyle was released. Kids will cancel an interaction I've given them to draw on the art table (I ended up putting it in the inventory which solved that). Adults cancel their interactions to play on a laptop (solved that by getting a PC instead).
Message 36 of 244 (3,425 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@rebeccah101I have been having this lately too. I noticed it when I started playing a Sim I had at University. They would stop in the middle of writing their term paper and I had to repeatedly tell them to continue. This wasn't a huge deal since they would eventually finish. After she graduated and I got her a job in the Education Career, I am unable to get her to do her daily tasks. She is supposed to tutor students online and write a lesson plan. She stops 50% of the way through and will not finish it so she doesn't get credit for it. This has been happening since the Ecostyle patch came out. I haven't tried playing other Sims as of yet but it is incredibly annoying that she will not finish any of her tasks and just stops half way through to do something random, usually push ups or stretching. I have turned off autonomy and that doesn't make a difference.

**EDIT**

I do recall having my Sim try to cook Camper's Stew but he refused to do it. He would take the ingredients out of the fridge and then set them down and not do anything more to it. There didn't seem to be an issue with any other recipes that I tried. So now I am wondering if it is along the same lines as the issue I am having with his daughter in another household. I won't play her right now because I can't get her a promotion since she won't finish any of her career tasks.

Message 37 of 244 (3,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing the same issue.

I've recently installed the newest patch(es) and Eco Lifestyle.  Everything was fine, though, until today, when I enrolled a group of students into Foxbury and sent them to live on campus in university housing.  Prior to this, I'd rotated between two families (in Newcrest and San Myshuno) and played each for a four-week sim year without any game play trouble.  I have not tried to rotate back to a typical, non-university household to test if they, too, will now experience this issue.

With the Foxbury household, actions are sometimes (not always) cancelled in favor of other actions.  Biggest issues are with writing term papers, refining and organizing the presentation board, eating meals, toilet/showering, painting, and playing computer games.  Sims very often abandon these actions and instead choose one of the following: mixing drinks, tapping the juice keg, doing push-ups, stretching, and playing with clay.

There are currently no active NAPs at Foxbury.  

I have no CC and only use one mod (MCCC).

EDIT: after reading around in this thread and in another, I'm thinking it's the NAP system, too.  I took a group to a public bar in Oasis Springs, and in addition to their actions continuing to be cancelled and replaced, townie sims were swiping up the tables, decorations, etc.  I've since unchecked the option for NPCs to vote, but the NAP behavior is rampant.

Message 38 of 244 (3,391 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@rebeccah101 Yeah someone mentioned that the N.A.P.-related activities (like the things that are overriding player-queued tasks) are coded in a way that makes them happen regardless of free will settings. 

I really wish that we could choose whether or not to have our Sim participate in a N.A.P. If the community votes for the creative policy, I'd prefer that my tech-focused Sim wasn't forced to do creative activities. Like I'd like to choose to forego N.A.P. perks by not participating. 

Message 39 of 244 (3,385 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@kathrynmarie212 Actually I am pretty sure it is the NAP as well. I decided to get rid of the NAP Rock your body and mind. Once I did that, my Sim didn't stop doing computer related activities to do random workouts. I don't mind if my Sims have to take part in the NAP system or not but it drives me crazy that it is causing their actions to be interrupted so that they are unable to finish important tasks.
Message 40 of 244 (3,315 Views)