Re: Sims stopping in the middle of tasks

by helenbeeee

Original Post

Re: Sims stop eating and cooked all the time

★ Guide

My sims stop eating all the time too. In my case when they put the plate of food down it disappears, which is frustrating as I am doing a challenge which makes the sims cook over a camp fire and that takes for ever.

Message 10 of 244 (4,199 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes! It's driving me crazy, the problem is amplified for roommates who keep leaving unfinished food all over the place. This needs to be fixed ASAP!

Message 11 of 244 (4,210 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Self Sufficiency and Green Initiatives in Port Promise. Though I've noticed other NPC's and other played households bringing up bits of clay and digi-pads all the time too, as well as stopping eating to do nothing, push ups, play with phones etc, even when no NAPs are currently active (I switched off NPC voting.)

Message 12 of 244 (4,196 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is happening to me too. So I built my sim a container house down on the Dockside lot and she refuses to prepare or cook food inside the container just point blank refuses to use fridge the stove or the kitchen counters. After trying to fix the problem I found that it didnt matter if I had the stove/fridge/counter up against a blank wall or in the middle of the container she just refuses to even begin using these items (does the cant do it wave action). Heres the interesting thing, when I put the stove/fridge/counter objects outside she will start to use them and mid way through just stops and stands there like Ive reset her. If I try and get her to resume she refuses to resume and I have to get her to clean it up. What I found interesting was there seems to be a glitch with the kitchen counters too if I get her to make a garden salad when the counter is outside she wont make the salad at the front (drawers) side of the counter she walks round to the back of the counter to start the process. There are other problems Ive been having too like you my sims seems really scatty she wont complete tasks I have to instruct her multiple times to get her to do anything such as having a shower, reading a book and another weird glitch is the empty bicycles that keep whizzing past my lot with noone riding them. I also have the problem of recycled foraged items not making it into my inventory and my influence points disappearing without explanation I will work my sims butt off influencing sims building up points only to lose them all mid conversation with no idea why. My last complaint is the container doors I cringe everytime my Sims walks in and out of the container the doors open inwards. Container doors do not open inwards! it insults me that you would not put proper action to those doors. The food issue is the most pressing issue that needs fixing for an interim Ive found a work round which is so contradictory to the goals of the pack by placing a cauldron on the lot so it seems my sim is happy to cook a vat of mac and cheese with a couple of prompts but at least she completes it. Not really eco having a cauldron chugging out smoke 24/7 but at least she wont die of starvation.

Message 13 of 244 (4,197 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I'm having a similar issue since eco lifestyle. sims stop eating halfway through a dish without having filled their hunger, never do their dishes, and make a ton of quick meals if left to their own devices, but always give up as soon as they put it into the microwave, or, if it's not microwavable, give up eating it by halfway through. They aren't doing any wierd actions in place of eating or cooking, as far as I can tell
Message 14 of 244 (4,343 Views)

Re: Interactions completing/cancelling or not filling needs since Eco Living

Hero
@rebeccah101 Will they cancel the interaction to do something else or just cancel and then stand idle ?

Is that for interactions they started on their own or you told them to do ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 244 (4,202 Views)

★ Guide

They will do something else random each time the interaction is cancelled/end early.

It’s happening interactions that I have told them to do 

Message 17 of 244 (4,191 Views)

Hero
@rebeccah101 I'm guessing it's this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-stop-eating-and-cooke-all-the-time/td-p/91781...

What interactions are they doing ? Always the same kind ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 244 (4,160 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Just done a test, the main ones seem to be dancing, stretching, play with clay (that keeps appearing and massively multiplying in sims inventory), repair objects, stretch, and give fake bad news.

Happening with all eco settings enabled and un- enabled
Message 19 of 244 (4,132 Views)

Hero
@rebeccah101 Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 244 (4,114 Views)