Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Active Sims interrupt current interaction to do something else

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions All game packs except - realm of magic and vampires. All stuff packs except - My first pet and Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Through general gameplay, nothing specific seems to have triggered it
What happens when the bug occurs? Interactions cancel automatically, for example: Sims wont eat a whole meal Showers will end early or say there completed but it wont fill the need bar all the way up If you set tasks such as play computer games or write a book, do a university term paper, paint and much more they will do these for a very short time then cancel out autonomously Happens with and without NAP active 
What do you expect to see? When directed to complete a task the sims completes the whole task.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco living EP and subsequent patches

This one is really annoying, pretty much makes the game unplayable as you have to direct to eat 2-3 times for a sim to finish a plate, same for the other actions like painting writing, playing games, showering ect.

Happens with and without NAP active 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted title

Message 15 of 244 (35,909 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Writing Bug

Hero

Action progress bars no longer are interrupted when a new action is added to a Sim's queue.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 244 of 244 (22,649 Views)

All Replies

Sim won't eat, push ups without fitness trait, stealing own stuff, unplayable.

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Making sims cook
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will begin cooking, Then stop and do push-ups (without any sort of fitness trait) , will tend garden, repair things, then the only option after that is to 'Clean up' the food just made.
What do you expect to see? My sim to cook and eat like a normal sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 4th // Eco Lifestyle pack

The sim has no fitness trait, should not be randomly doing push-ups, especially as often as they are. They are swiping things from their own home, cant eat because there is a break in the chain somewhere, this is just terrible. hardly playable. 

Message 1 of 244 (37,756 Views)

Sims 4 Writing Bug

★★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim try to write a book on computer
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim goes to write and does so but only for a few seconds before the action cancels, they immediately grab a book to read (does that for a few seconds as well), returns the book, and go to watch tv.
What do you expect to see? SIm should write book unless/until they become uncomfortable.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Recent update.

Hi!

Having a strange problem with computers. I tried to get my sim to write a book, and she has consistently wrote for a few real seconds before the action cancels, read a book before the same thing occurs, and then proceeds to watch tv. All actions after the "write book" command are autonomous. All items used were EA items except for the computer. I thought it might have been a cc problem (used a cc computer but changed to a base game computer) so I removed all mods and cc and cleared cache to no avail. She lives in Evergreen Harbor if that helps as well!

Message 2 of 244 (35,720 Views)

Hero
@ShantanilyaM Sounds a bit like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sim-goes-to-watch-tv-while-cooking-even-when-hungr...

Could also be related to your current action plan.

What's that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 244 (35,694 Views)

Re: Sims stop eating and cooked all the time

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

This has started happening to me after the update/new pack too, Sims will just stop eating to do random things like push-ups. I've also noticed that they seem to be summoning clay from nowhere to play with instead of eating and also playing with the digi-pad but I don't have the pad in my inventory so I don't know where they're getting it from nor can I delete it, it happens with Sim's I'm not currently playing as well. They stop eating to do all these things all the time. I've ended up with 30+ clay in one of my sims inventories from nowhere!

They also keep giving each other bad news all the time as well and will stop eating to do that too. It even happens with mischief interactions turned off in MCCC, and with all mods removed as well. 

Message 4 of 244 (35,816 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims stop eating and cooked all the time

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Rebouks What's the current NAP ?

@JulietJuly22  Moving this over to the other food thread as the one you posted in was about the NAP and free will

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 244 (35,777 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you! I looked through the post and it definitely seems similar (especially the tv not being on or in the same room), although I didn't see many solutions.

Usually the action bar only has the command to write a book and her needs are all taken care of.

Message 6 of 244 (35,632 Views)

Hero
@ShantanilyaM Do you have a current N.A.P ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 244 (35,631 Views)

Sims stopping in the middle of tasks

★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get To Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Laundry Day, Cool Kitchen Stuff, and the free Holiday pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Normal gameplay, but it happens more often when there's some sort of entertainment nearby.
What happens when the bug occurs? I will have my sim cook herself dinner (or in some cases writing on the computer), only for her to stop midway through to do something else. Example, sim will stop writing on computer/cooking a meal unprompted without the progress bar completing to watch tv, read a book, garden, or even get a quick meal out of the fridge. This also happens when she's grilling (happens most often with Forager's Stew), but in this instance I am completely unable to resume cooking, and I have to throw it away.
What do you expect to see? Sims to be able to complete the tasks queued for them without interruption.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most of the issues I've noticed within the last two patches, I believe. I don't know the exact patch numbers, but before a week or so ago it didn't happen. The grilling one specifically happened with the addition of Eco Lifestyle.

In the case of the writing on the computer, the fix seemed to be to move the book pile from the computer desk into another room, but the sim seems to want to look even further away for entertainment while cooking, like going into the next room to watch tv, or going upstairs to garden.  While grilling the Forager's Stew, the sim will stop out of nowhere and when you click back onto the grill, they do the motion of "I can't get there", even if I move it around.  In this case, the sim doesn't seem to have anything else to do, they just stop.

I haven't had any mods installed since the patch before the ladders were added I believe, because I didn't know what kind of interactions it would have.  The only mod I had in there before that was the most updated MCCC available. 

Message 8 of 244 (35,796 Views)

Re: Sims stopping in the middle of tasks

★★★★ Expert
@NSxx99 Same. It's getting extremely annoying. A sim will be hungry, go to the fridge, get something and put it right down and forget about it. Sometimes even on the floor. I tell them to eat it, they pick it up, place it on the table, and forget about it. I tell them to sit down, then I tell them to eat it, they start eating, then stop and forget about it.

I have to tell them at least 4-5 times before they finish it. It happens with absolutely everything. They'll leave things on the stove, they'll stop in the middle of showering before they finish, teens and children stop doing homework before its finished, they'll just get up while sleeping for no reason at all...

The game is starting to become completely unplayable.
Message 9 of 244 (35,788 Views)