Re: Sims sleepover

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Re: Accept to sleep over, but won't sleep

★★ Novice

This is still occurring.  I an playing a sim that has had many lovers over the course of her life.  And many children from them.  Only one of the men who have spent the night has slept all night with her.  A couple took a short nap in the morning in a random bed.  One, who she had developed a very high relationship with and has stayed several times has slept all night with her twice.  It's not too bad though.  The guys have cleaned, taken out trash, put things away, and even taken care of the latest baby even though it is not theirs.  So Mom got a good night's sleep for a change.  Is this a bug or was it intended?

Message 11 of 19 (1,748 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The sims will just stand in one spot the entire night for me.  It's crazy.  They won't move...

Message 12 of 19 (1,661 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I've also asked sims to stay the night, only to have them not sleep at all. Instead, after they woohoo with my sim they get up and stand next to the bed all night, staring at my sleeping sim.
Message 13 of 19 (1,646 Views)

Sims sleepover

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I know the subject has been brought up before, but I've never seen any sort of solution. If this post is in the wrong place I apologize in advance. The problem is when I invite a sim to stay the night. Particularly someone my sim is dating. The "guest" sim never goes to sleep. They usually stand next to the bed all night. I know the "guest" sims motives are maxed for some reason when you invite them to stay over. My question is has anyone come up with a way to adjust a non-active sims motives? Other than going to manage worlds or shift click on that sim? It's really a disruption of the gameplay when your "guest" sims won't sleep and I'm surprised that EA programmed the game that way in the first place. Thanks.

Message 14 of 19 (1,509 Views)

Hero

Hi @inmyeye

I've merged your post with existing bug report.

I don't think there's a solution to this but maybe there's something in the thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 19 (1,501 Views)

★★ Apprentice

thanks crin. Standard smile

Message 16 of 19 (1,494 Views)

Hero

Sims invited to spend the night will no longer spend the night standing around not sleeping. They will now behave in a way that makes sense for someone who has been asked to spend the night.
  • They will sleep. It’s a little strange and unusual… but we figured, let’s give it a go. See what happens.

This issue was addressed in Patch 1.15.55. 

Marking this as fixed but if anyone still has it, feel free to come back and comment.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 19 (9,260 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's December 2020, I'm still having this issue. I have never not had this issue, today I was finally just tired of it and decided to google it.

Sims I invite to sleep over do not sleep. Not in the same bed as my sim, not in a spare bed. Sometimes if there is a hot tub, they will go take a nap there. Also, if my sim goes to visit another sim the owner of the house/bed will not sleep in their own bed. Even when it is assigned to them. Sometimes they sleep on their own couch. 

Very annoying.

Message 18 of 19 (1,026 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @DEADBEATBOX,

This thread is a few years old, it's unlikely caused by the same factors now. This would be best in a new/current thread. Please feel free to start that thread and we'll close this in the meantime to limit necroposting.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 19 of 19 (1,015 Views)