[FIXED/ARCHIVED] Sims using far away object instead of close one

by graceymanors

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims using far away object instead of close one

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue myself, and reading through some of the responses here, apparently it's an issue I've had that I've not noticed. Recently, my Sims begin preparing meals, such as garden salads/fruit salads, inside the kitchen, then take them outside to finish cooking if there are any counters placed in the yard (by a grill for example.) There was also a time where they'd go prepare meals on bathroom counters, cook through any half-walls counters are placed by, or act as if something was blocking their path to the counter when there isn't.

Reading responses here, I've also had issues of my Sims going to eat at tables farther away from them, use sinks in bathrooms that are farther away, etc. I've tried repairing my game, taking my entire Mods folder out, play in different saves, and with different households, to no avail. The fact that this thread is from November and nothing's been fixed yet really makes me sad :/ I guess I won't be building counters outside for a while.

Message 41 of 45 (1,884 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims using far away object instead of close one

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've also been having this issue. My sims just love using the bathroom sink to clean dishes and not the one in the kitchen. 

Message 42 of 45 (1,874 Views)

Sims won't use dishwasher even when directed to

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs and GPs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a sink & dishwasher on the lot and tell a Sim to load the dishwasher.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will use the sink even if it is farther away and even though I told them to use the dishwasher.
What do you expect to see? The Sim using the dishwasher.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 43 of 45 (1,824 Views)

Re: Sims won't use dishwasher even when directed to

Hero

Hi @Dex1dus

I move your post to the current 'collection thread on this.

Others have reported the issue wit the dishwasher as well but also with two sinks or counters. So keeping it all together.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 45 (1,810 Views)

Re: Sims won't use dishwasher even when directed to

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Sims should now use the closest counter to prepare Garden Salads of any portion size.
  • Sims should now use the closest sink to wash dishes.
  • Sims should now only use a single Kitchen space to prepare a meal, even on Lots with multiple kitchens.

Few fixes in Patch Fixed in Patch 1.45.62

I'm going to lock this thread. If you have further issues, please create a new thread.

This time, we're going to have one thread per issue so nothing gets lost.

EDIT 2021/07/24: If you are having this issue again, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-using-far-away-counters-to-cook-Patch-1-77-131/td-p/10538...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 45 (13,945 Views)