[FIXED/ARCHIVED] Sims using far away object instead of close one

by graceymanors

Original Post

Re: Sims don't always eat at dining table

Hero

@Felice_eao @vexis58

I merged your posts into this thread. I think it's all the same issue just for different objects.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 45 (1,760 Views)

Re: Sims don't always eat at dining table

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I've definitely always had the issue where Sims insist on using the bathroom sink instead of the kitchen sink to wash dishes. It's super annoying!

Message 12 of 45 (1,745 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims using far away object instead of close one

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

absolutely. say they just poured themselves a cup of tea. there is a chair right behind them, so why would they choose the one they have to walk all around the table for? chairs are all the same, btw.

also, when chatting at venues they will walk all the way to the back for a table, when one exactly like it (same number of chairs, everyone can sit there) is right in front of them. same with barstools.

it also happens when they have to wash dishes, as others have reported. the sink is available and two steps away from the kitchen table. why go to the bathroom?

want to get water? Sim is in the kitchen which has a good quality sink, but walks to the bathroom to fill a glass. it's so annoying it's funny.

another example: a house has two bathrooms but only one shower. autosolving the higiene need has a Sim use the shower, as expected. but autosolving the bladder need sends the Sim to the other bathroom.

Message 13 of 45 (1,716 Views)

Re: Sims won't use dishwasher that's in the room if sink is closer

★★ Guide

Unsolved....
I never had it before, but now I am.
With a dirty stack of plates on the square next to the dishwasher, maid and householders will grab the stack and go upstairs to the bathroom to wash the stack.
The dishwasher works and the "load dishwasher" option is greyed out because "there are no dirty dishes"...apparently

Message 14 of 45 (1,674 Views)

Hero

@LisaLadybirD82

moved your post to the current (bit more general) thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 45 (1,664 Views)

★★ Guide
I am unsure why this was moved to a general thread when i put it into the thread that was specifically for that bug.
very confused
Message 16 of 45 (1,660 Views)

Hero

Because the other thread didn't have the bug template and we're using this one now. It's basically all the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 45 (1,655 Views)

Re: ordering a drink has a Sim follow a leaving mixologist to venue entrance

★★ Novice

Hello, i have a routing problem as wel. 

I own a big house in Sims 4, i have a identical kitchen on the first and on the third floor for convenience. 

I order my main guy to make 4 meals of different food on the first floor, 

He will then grab the ingredients from the first floor, then walk all the way up to the third floor and start making food there, once done he will walk all the way down to the first floor to grab more ingredients from the refrigerator and walk up stairs again, despite there being an oven, enough kitchen space, it makes no sense.

Another routing problem that I have is when i take my 7 children to go fishing. 

When i select one child and say "go fish together"

Then only 4 of them will be able to obtain a fishing spot , the other 3 will complain they cannot reach the fishing spot. In other words, even though there are 'multiple fishing spots' they all cram together on 1 single spot, 'instead of spreading nicely over all the fishing spots available' 

I hope i posted this correctly since this is my first post ^_^ sorry if i didn't. 

Message 18 of 45 (1,690 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

i've seen a similar (yet less complex) issue when cooking. they will start preparing a meal on one counter, then move on to a different one that's nearby or even right beside it, and continue there.

the fishing issue reminds me of the "sit together" option when chatting as a group. they will all sit down, then stand up again and complain, as if they all wanted the same chair. it's like the musical chairs issue, but with added confusion.

Message 19 of 45 (1,620 Views)

Hero

@unseenlarks moved your post over to the thread on that issue (counter)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 45 (1,603 Views)