Re: Sims 4 Sink Glitch After 06/19 Update (with video)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims using far away object instead of close one

★ Guide

The same here as-well. Also when sims use the bathroom.

Message 31 of 45 (1,510 Views)

Sims 4 Sink Glitch After 06/19 Update (with video)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use toilet or wash dishes, any interaction that leads to a follow up action of using the sink
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will go to a random sink, not the one closest. I removed cc, used a clean save and repaired game to no avail, the bug still remains after doing the following. clip below;
What do you expect to see? Sims go to the closest sink/ sink that makes sense.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 06/19

https://youtu.be/vxljIGpzoHg

Message 32 of 45 (1,411 Views)

★★ Expert
this has been going on for quite a while now. Frown
Message 33 of 45 (1,401 Views)

★ Guide

Sadly only just appeared in my game with this patch, really annoying though ): Hopefully it's fixed soon!

Message 34 of 45 (1,398 Views)

Hero

Hi @wobibobi

merged your post with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 45 (1,396 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue only recently. No mods or CC. My sims are often choosing chairs/sinks etc. that are the furthest away. 

Message 36 of 45 (1,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The issue of sims pathing and terrible ai is why I stopped playing this game and refuse to purchase any more EA content of any variety. The response from support has been abysmal and the issue only get worse. This wasn't a problem in sims 3 and all sims fans should join me in boycotting the game until its fixed imo

Message 37 of 45 (1,291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

i don't think boycotting is the answer. we're free to play the game we prefer. because there's no such thing as perfect. Wink

Message 38 of 45 (1,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have the same problems. It's really annoying.

When my sims made food, they go all the way to the other side of the lot to sit down and eat instead of the dinner table with chairs that is right in front of them....

And now with the seasons pack, it's even more annoying cause they go outside to sit at the table in the garden while it's freezing..... I have to manually click on a chair at the dinner table inside to get them back inside and AT the DINNER table.... And most of the time it takes ages for them to actually stop eating, stand up, pick up their plate and go back inside. 

also, when they're done with the food, most of the time they don't go to the nearest sink or dishwasher in the kitchen, they'll go to the sink in the bathroom upstairs....

I don't have any CC or mods, I've got all the expansions, game packs and stuff packs, My game is completely up to date, repairing the game doesn't help either.

Message 39 of 45 (1,251 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think I have the same problem. All the sims seem to prefer objects that are further away, but of higher quality. My downstairs kitchen has cheaper stove and fridge, so they go upstairs to eat. Same happens with showers and toilets, they will seek the most expensive one available and only use it.

It makes sense to prefer a better stove/fridge/toilet/etc. but in doing so, the sims force the player to only use specific assets, to get them to use them equally.

Message 40 of 45 (1,221 Views)