Original Post

Re: ordering a drink has a Sim follow a leaving mixologist to venue entrance

★★ Expert
okay, thank you.
Message 21 of 45 (1,596 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @fatherseal

You did great, thank you for your feedback! 

However, we have not been able to reproduce the issue about the identical kitchens in different floors

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 22 of 45 (1,587 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Routing Issues

★ Apprentice
Since Laundry Day all my save files have this issue. No mods enabled. A Sim will be cooking in the kitchen, and then will carry the food all the way to the bathroom or other counter to finish preparing the meal. Even though there is available counter space in the kitchen right next to them. Super annoying! Hope this one is fixed soon.
Message 23 of 45 (1,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

same here, only it's not that bad. but i'm still seeing them move from one counter to another, which is right next to it. they'll start cooking on one, stop, move, and finish cooking on the other.

Message 24 of 45 (1,561 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims using far away object instead of close one

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've had the same issue, they won't wash dirty dishes in the kitchen sink or dishwasher. They will go upstairs to wash them in a bathroom sink.

Message 25 of 45 (1,538 Views)

★★ Expert
and when they use the rubbish bins that are outside? they will pass the closest one(s) and run all the way to one that is far, far away... Tongue out
Message 26 of 45 (1,521 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Icarus, 

I think I managed to re-create the error and I think I figured out what the problem was ,namely lack of counter space.  

So imagine you are making your third or fifth meal, but you only have 2 counter spaces downstairs,then in my situation my sim would go walk upstairs to the third floor to use the available counter spaces over there. But it's still odd, i mean i would expect him to put the finished meal in the refrigerator or on the table and stay on the ground floor rather then walking upstairs. Anyway i shared the link with you (i hope i did things correctly) and uploaded the save file. 

My main character is Meredith Lonenstein, and he has 7 young adults to feed, so i start out with making a gourmet meal party size (doesn't matter which type of meal), then a regular cooking meal party size then a gourmet meal party size etc etc until the queue line is completely full, things start stacking, and then all of a sudden he might leave a pan on the oven and start walking upstairs to continue cooking there. Very weird. 

Basically Open Sims 4 , then goto Newcrest world -> Right below is the Lonenstein Household. Then open the savefile game.

You'll find a kitchen on the ground floor and a kitchen upstairs. The errors seem to occur quicker if you start baking upstairs. Just keep baking a bunch of food party style and i'm sure you'll get to see some awkward behavior. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eDJ9hYhvRMctDVgLkp1cc8F6xALf-tD3/view?usp=sharing

Hope that works, and keep me informed if you find something or made some conclusions or if it didn't work out ok? , because although you guys couldn't re-create the error, the error still persists in my game. 

Message 27 of 45 (1,504 Views)

★★ Expert

i've been testing in a household of 8, they will all start cooking on one counter, ignore the ones beside it, and go all the way to a house built behind the main one, and continue cooking there. it's a long walk.

same for eating meals, napping on far away sofas instead of their beds, sitting down to read, showering, and washing dishes: they always choose far away objects, even those which are upstairs. they don't do the arm-waving, can't-get-there thing, so it's not like the closer objects are blocked/unavailable to use. and sometimes they'll leave whatever they're holding on the floor, even when there's enough room/space for them to complete the action--even if it's far, far away.

Message 28 of 45 (1,438 Views)

★ Guide

Not only do I have the bathroom sink problem (when the kitchen sink is literally right next to them) my sims have been taking their meals to the bedroom and sit on the bed to eat it.  I have to direct then to using the kitchen or dining room table.  No improvement since the latest update.

Message 29 of 45 (1,362 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My sims always prefer the sink in the bathroom. They will leave the kitchen to wash dishes in the bathroom sink. 

Message 30 of 45 (1,249 Views)