by Jaldeer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] 2 Collection Plaques not being rewarded

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

1.  Are you using mods? No

2.  Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects)? No

3.  Did you try a new game for testing purposes to see if you can duplicate the issue?  Yes & the issue did duplicate

4. What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win7, Win8, Win8.1)? Win7

5. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Download

6. I'm patched to the current one & I have Outdoor Retreat.

Issue: The collection plaque isn't being rewarded for the Fish Collection, which some people at SimsVIP and the Sims Forum reported.  I know the fish collection used to, but, as of Dec. 20, 2014, it doesn't and the Space Rock Collection never has.  Several of my households in Willow Creek completed all collections, and 3 sim weeks went by and neither of those plaques got mailed, & that was back right before Christmas.   I did get that orchid though for completing the Space Rock Collection.  I was unsure if EA knew about this issue.  I thought they might, but, since it's still an issue and nobody reported it that I saw of, so, I thought I should.

Message 1 of 13 (3,831 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 2 Collection Plaques not being rewarded

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I think - at least in my case - that this is actually a mailbox problem. When I considered it more carefully - I haven't been receiving *any* mail other than when bills arrive. When I tested it, I found that my mailbox is really broken. A lot of people seem to be having the same issue:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Geo-Council-not-mailing-back/m-p/4443547#U4443547

What may be happening is that you have to be centered on your home lot when the mail arrives, or it never does arrive.

View in thread

Message 10 of 13 (4,108 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (3,819 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Never got a plaque for completing the fish collection either - and I've completed the regular one AND the one from Granite Falls.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I also never received the plaque for completing the insect collection, nor the reward for finding all the Easter eggs.

I actually never got the orchid when I completed the space rock collection either. Didn't know that was a "thing".

Message 3 of 13 (3,784 Views)

Hero (Retired)

JasonVega2 wrote: nor the reward for finding all the Easter eggs.

that reward is a  big bunny toy did you check the family inventory to see if it went there and or that it got unlocked in the kids section-toys ?

Message 4 of 13 (3,782 Views)

Hero

@JasonVega2 wrote:

Never got a plaque for completing the fish collection either - and I've completed the regular one AND the one from Granite Falls.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I also never received the plaque for completing the insect collection, nor the reward for finding all the Easter eggs.

I actually never got the orchid when I completed the space rock collection either. Didn't know that was a "thing".

The orchid has it's own thread somewhere :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (3,779 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@rumbutter wrote:

that reward is a  big bunny toy did you check the family inventory to see if it went there and or that it got unlocked in the kids section-toys ?

Checked. Bun-bun *is* unlocked. I must say I don't think that's the way it's supposed work, tho. The clear implication from the text when completing the collection is that something would be delivered. :-)

Message 6 of 13 (3,774 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@JasonVega2 wrote:

@rumbutter wrote:

Checked. Bun-bun *is* unlocked. I must say I don't think that's the way it's supposed work, tho. The clear implication from the text when completing the collection is that something would be delivered. :-)

for me once the collection was complete the bunny did go straight into the family inventory the wording is something on the line of  at the end of the pop up is sending a congratulatory reward  so it may be working as intended and  an unlock of bun bun in the kids toys

edit typo

Message 7 of 13 (3,765 Views)

Hero

Did you have any mail yet ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (3,755 Views)

Hero (Retired)

got my mail the day after the bunny unlock  the usual bills and my stuff from the geo council

Message 9 of 13 (3,743 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I think - at least in my case - that this is actually a mailbox problem. When I considered it more carefully - I haven't been receiving *any* mail other than when bills arrive. When I tested it, I found that my mailbox is really broken. A lot of people seem to be having the same issue:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Geo-Council-not-mailing-back/m-p/4443547#U4443547

What may be happening is that you have to be centered on your home lot when the mail arrives, or it never does arrive.

Message 10 of 13 (4,109 Views)