Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

FIFA 21 on XBOX Series S starts on 720p resolution

by xConsty

Original Post

Re: FIFA 21 on XBOX Series S starts on 720p resolution

★★ Novice
@loonsfan5710 I left it on the console and uninstalled it only after I verified the next-gen version was working well. Btw I launched the next-gen version when it was "ready to start", so no need to wait for the full installation.

From what I read here and there, I feel it may depend on the monitor/tv you are using (maybe the very first time you launch the game? I really don't know).
Message 11 of 50 (2,537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@palinaol I've tried this with numerous different cable arrangements, including the one that came with the console, and two different 4K TVs and I'm getting the same result. Console version is 10.0.19041.5481

I've tried with this the Xbox iOS app and I still get the same results. Granted it was on my iPhone 12 Pro since I don't have an iPad available at the moment, but honestly I'm getting tired of all of this hocus pocus so I'm going to just skip any further troubleshooting until I hear something official from EA about this issue. I'm on at least 5 reinstalls, including 3 just in the past two days. 

Really appreciate your suggestions but if EA doesn't think it's worth their attention to investigate/troubleshoot with me officially, I'm not going to waste any more of either your time or especially mine doing their jobs for them. 

Message 12 of 50 (2,534 Views)

★★ Novice
@loonsfan5710 I confirm the same sw version. I understand your frustration.

Should you want to want to try again, I was using the default HDMI 2.1 cable on a 1440p monitor and I reset the monitor settings prior to launching the game.

But yeah, If you are fed up and don't mind playing the old gen version, just do that until an update is released.
Message 13 of 50 (2,519 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@palinaol Yeah, I'm pretty done with trying out different combinations of the uninstall/install sequence and display configurations. The original release is good enough for now; really a bummer since I was hoping to enjoy the next gen experience a little more.
Message 14 of 50 (2,509 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@xConsty This game is looking like a PS3 game on the Series S
Message 15 of 50 (2,482 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here. The close ups of the players are fine, but when it switches to the birds-eye-view camera when you play the game, all the players have a motion-blur type effect around them, kind of like a trail. I reinstalled the Xbox One version and it looks ten times better when it comes to actually playing the game. There’s also a flickering on the player card when I score a goal on next-gen. suuuuuper annoying 

Message 16 of 50 (2,453 Views)

★ Novice
@loonsfan5710 I dunno if you've tried this but try this... xbox settings>TV and display options>video fidelity & overscan>overrides then choose HDMI, go back to video fidelity & overscan, and change the resolution to 1440p. for me the game looks how it's intended too but, i lose in-game commentary for some reason. it may be a problem with my monitor... Not too sure but it may work for you
Message 17 of 50 (2,386 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Infernollamaz Thanks for the tip but I'm still getting the same result with those settings.
Message 18 of 50 (2,327 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I was trying 10 hours trial i have some problem ea trying to fix this , why no ea employee doesnt care about this topic

Message 19 of 50 (2,275 Views)

★★★ Novice

You lose commentary because you need to then change your audio settings from surround to stereo.... 100% there is a fault with the graphic quality on the game I have the same issue it’s looks horrible on my screen assassins creed looks perfect so does Forza etc fifa looks like it’s from the PS3

Message 20 of 50 (2,213 Views)
Twitter Stream

ea-dualentitle-promo-splash

Upgrade to a next gen console

Have a physical game disc for FIFA 21 but bought a discless console? Use our webform.

View more on EA Help

fifa21-promo2

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help