FIFA 21 Player Career Mode - My Pro and AI Teammates played out of position.

by basicallyimadam

Original Post

FIFA 21 Player Career Mode - My Pro and AI Teammates played out of position.

★★★ Newbie

Product: FIFA 21
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? adwwfc14
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - player
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Team sheets and Manager Messages show player being played out of position, as well as AI teammates. Effects development system.
What happens when the bug occurs? Player is played out of position every game, affecting development by -5. Example: I am playing as a CM but being placed in the team sheet as a striker.
What should be happening instead? Player and teammates should be played in correct positions.

Please fix ASAP, Player Career Mode requires much needed attention.

Message 5 of 179 (53,002 Views)

Player showing as out of position and wrong formation

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Started a career mode with arsenal. Selected the 4222 formation. 

I noticed torreira who plays as CDM has the exclamation mark over him to indicate out of position. I switched him to the other CDM spot and it disappeared. Strange since both spots are the same position.

It wasn't until a few games later I noticed the formation said 4114 even though I hadn't customised the formation and was still in the 4222. That would explain the player out of position.

Another similar issue was Pepe showing out of position. This was because the game assumed the wide players in 4222 are CAM like in ultimate team. But if I customise his position (without actually moving him) I select RW and then he's fine (CAM isn't even an option).

I haven't tested with other formations as I didn't want to use my trial to experiment with potential bugs but maybe others have noticed with other formations.

Message 1 of 179 (46,854 Views)

Wrong position bug in player career mode

★ Guide

Product: FIFA 21
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia RTX2070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? LigerMilk
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - player
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Transfer your player to a new club.
What happens when the bug occurs? In player career mode, once you transfer to a new club, the club may not start your player at all. If the club decides to start you...you play in the wrong position. Other players on the team play in the wrong position as well. Right now I am a CAM playing ST while my Striker plays winger. In another career mode the CDM on my team was Playing striker and my player (who is a striker) was playing CDM This seems to happen only after your player transfers at least once. It continues after transferring again. It happens at every team you play at once you initially transfer once.
What should be happening instead? You should be playing in your position and the rest of the team should be as well. You should also get picked to play.

I am currently on EA Play PRO. This bug and the 5 star skiller bug are both from fifa 20 and are still in fifa 21. I don't think I will be purchasing the game.

These bugs should not still be in the game. These are the 5th and 6th player career mode saves since fifa 20 that have been ruined for me because of this bug and the 5 star skiller bug.

U don't understand how these bugs have been in the game for over a year and now in fifa 21. They both literally break the game mode. 

Message 2 of 179 (46,947 Views)

Re: Wrong position bug in player career mode

★ Guide

This bug literally breaks the game mode...the player plays in the wrong position. My stats were not built to play those positions so it makes it unplayable.

Message 3 of 179 (46,943 Views)

Re: Wrong position bug in player career mode

★★★ Apprentice

Bump

Message 4 of 179 (46,893 Views)

Re: FIFA 21 Player Career Mode - My Pro and AI Teammates played out of position.

★★★★ Novice

They don't care about this feature to be honest this has been happening since fifa 20 and they didn't do anything 😤 

Message 6 of 179 (52,924 Views)

Re: FIFA 21 Player Career Mode - My Pro and AI Teammates played out of position.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Second this. I have a CDM AI teammate playing CAM every match. How is this even possible? Fundamental programming should make this impossible.

Message 7 of 179 (52,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I suppose in real life there will be times where players will be played out of position and players often start their career in one role but end up in a different one such as Gareth Bale or Thierry Henry.

This is where the game needs to be deeper, for some interaction between your player and the manager where you as the player can ask to play in a specific role or where your manager can discuss trying you in another position. That way if you're being played in a wrong position there is (hopefully) some logic behind that decision and you can ask to play a specific position if you don't like what you're manager is doing or you want to give something new a try.

Absolutely agree though that this is an issue with the game as it is. It's called player career mode but you have hardly any input over your career and I've had career mode games ruined by not being able to influence what clubs I end up at or what position I get played in.

Message 8 of 179 (52,900 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Getting the exact same issue. Playing as striker and pretty much swapped position with our CDM.

Message 9 of 179 (52,886 Views)

Fifa 21 my player carreer mode wrong position

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

My manager keeps putting me in the wrong position how can i fix this?

Message 10 of 179 (47,249 Views)