Player Career Mode: Lineup Glitch - Players Out of Position

by mikeod616

Original Post

Re: FIFA 21 Player Career Mode - My Pro and AI Teammates played out of position.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@basicallyimadamBeen like this since fifa 20, i thought it was fixed, at least your pros position, until i transferred to Man United and it plays the ST at RW and the RW at ST. Also every season you are unveiled as a new signing just like in Fifa 20. I stop playing the game now and i blame fut players who spend load of money for packs. They enable EA to do this. If you spend loads of money on packs, you’re part of the problem.

Message 31 of 179 (4,113 Views)

Re: FIFA 21 Player Career Mode - My Pro and AI Teammates played out of position.

★ Pro

Pretty telling that EA haven't yet had a single Player Career issue on THEIR TRACKER despite the game being out for 2 months now.

Message 32 of 179 (4,110 Views)

★★★ Newbie

4 seasons in and now having exactly the same issue! LWB playing LCB, CB playing CAM and CAM playing LWB. Making playing so unenjoyable. Imagine working to get a poor team to champions league final then you get your best midfielder in left back and a center back tucked behind your striker. EA needs to fix this!! 

Message 33 of 179 (4,085 Views)

★★ Novice
@basicallyimadam I have this problem too, why aren't they doing something about it?? this game is out for almost 30 years and these bugs are still happening, fifa 21 was the first fifa i have ever bought and probably the last one.
Message 34 of 179 (4,065 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've also had this problem in every single player career since FIFA 20. Ridiculous how it's been a bug for over a year and we've heard nothing from @EA_Cade or any staff regarding this.

Message 35 of 179 (4,089 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem and I feel like this type of logic should be easily fixed. In this lineup there are 4 issues. De Bruyne is CM/CAM and he is playing RW, Arrey-Mbi is a CB and is playing CM, Alli is a CAM but is playing CDM(a bit understanable), and OdeGaard is a CAM/CM and is playing WAY out of position @ RB. I feel as though we should be able to adjust the lineup ourselves(in player CAREER mode) or theres some sort of logic issue that can be fixed here either way its making my playing in this mode less and less fun everytime another teammate is played out of position. 

I play on PC. 

Message 36 of 179 (4,007 Views)

Player Career Mode: Lineup Glitch - Players Out of Position

★ Guide

Product: FIFA 21
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - player
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start any player career mode...once the regular season begins the manager will begin fielding players completely out of position.
What happens when the bug occurs? You end up with right wingers playing center back (among others) and it completely sucks
What should be happening instead? I think you know...

This has been an issue for years, but FIFA 21 has taken things to a new level. 

I'm sure this post will be neglected - much like the game mode itself - but I would be remiss if I didn't publicly acknowledge EA's crappy job once again. Tomorrow, I'll be stopping by the local Best Buy to pick up a copy of PES 21 (along with some handy PS4 option files to get around EA's licensing advantage). 

Message 37 of 179 (3,297 Views)

Re: Player Career Mode: Lineup Glitch - Players Out of Position

★★★★ Novice
@mikeod616 I have never seen this problem before until now aswell... i played a season at a club, nothing was wrong with the positions. But now i went to Manchester City and i was benched for Nathan Ake who played on the right wing. He got substituted for Rodri aswell. Hopefully they’ll fix this because there’s no fun in playing when that happens.
Message 38 of 179 (3,278 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

413E57E3-59C7-46DA-BAE4-93BEE945AD3F.jpegI’ve had the same problem at Man City. Nathan Ake was the right forward... It also happens at opponent teams. I played against Borussia Dortmund and Emre Can was their cb, while Pisczek was playing in cdm. It should be the other way around.. And as you van see in the picture de Ligt is playing on the left cam position 

Message 39 of 179 (3,982 Views)

Player carreer mode - ai players wrong position

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 21
Platform: Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? SanderBoy043
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - player carreer
How often does the bug occur? Every time in the 2nd season. At national squads already after a couple matches. (Did it with 2 carreers, happened twice)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Looking at the opponents team sheets and your own team his team sheet
What happens when the bug occurs? Players in my team are out of position every game, affecting development by -5 or even more. Example: I am playing as a striker, and the right forward is Nathan Ake, Gundogan or Rodri. At the Dutch team i had to play with de Ligt on left wing while Hateboer was on Cb. 
What should be happening instead? Players that belong to the position should be played there. Riyad Mahrez and Ferran Torres are still at Man City but the coach keeps on putting other players on the right wing who don’t belong there.

Message 40 of 179 (3,596 Views)