★★★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 21
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1050TI
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? MihaiPleb
Which mode has this happened in? Online Friendlies
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Invite/Get invited to an online friendlies.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I invite/get invited to an online friendlies, instantly the message ''The game session is no longer available'' appers. Only happens on FIFA 21, not on 20 nor 17.
What should be happening instead? It should let me play with my friends like on FIFA 20.

When I invite/get invited to an online friendlies, instantly the message ''The game session is no longer available'' appers. Only happens on FIFA 21, not on 20 nor 17.

Message 1 of 48 (25,160 Views)

Re: FIFA 21 ''Game session no longer available'' on Online Friendlies

★★ Novice

Finally found someone who has the same problem as me! I have the same problem and I really don't know what to do so please help us EA!

Message 2 of 48 (25,072 Views)

★★★ Novice

Don't know if you guys get the same message but when me and my mate try to play online friendlies on a PC we get this exact message after accepting the invite on Origin:
"Failed to join game session. The session is already full or is no longer available/ Please try again."
I also want to mention that I have the Standard Edition and my friend has the Champion Edition.

Message 3 of 48 (25,052 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's the issue . Those versions of the game aren't compatible for somewhat reason. We've waited so long and we can't play the game we love with our friends. such a shame.

Message 4 of 48 (25,020 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have some issue

Message 5 of 48 (25,006 Views)

★★★ Novice
@iamalex44 I feel like this could indeed be the issue. Can someone from the EA team look into this? The standard edition players are not able to play friendlies with the ultimate edition players.
Message 6 of 48 (24,951 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same thing happens when inviting friend to coop lobby for me

Message 7 of 48 (24,938 Views)

★ Novice

Can confirm it has to do with what version you own. First tried with a friend who has standard, then tried with a friend who has ultimate. Standard got the error, ultimate didnt.

Message 8 of 48 (24,929 Views)

★★ Novice

I got the ultimate version and my friend got the champions version but we both get the error. So we just have to wait till EA gets this fixed?

Message 9 of 48 (24,893 Views)

★★ Novice

Also an issue for people who have friends with EA Play Pro, I bought the champ edition and cannot play with any of my friends who are playing on EA Play Pro. They don't seem to have any issues playing together though. 

I don't get why this is an issue? It's not even cross play, we are all on the same platform (PC) and all logged into Origin (no steam version) 

Message 10 of 48 (24,892 Views)
Twitter Stream

ea-dualentitle-promo-splash

Upgrade to a next gen console

Have a physical game disc for FIFA 21 but bought a discless console? Use our webform.

View more on EA Help

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help