by unseenlarks

Original Post

[FEEDBACK] Visiting a residence allows Sim to walk in without knocking

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Backyard SP, Cool Kitchen SP, Fitness SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? travel to a household/residence.
What happens when the bug occurs? the active Sim can walk in without knocking on the front door.
What do you expect to see? having to knock on the door.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

i chose "rarely" because i don't know if this is a bug or just a glitch. i have never seen it happen before, or never noticed it. i had my active Sim travel to visit a residence. after the loading screen, i expected to see the house from the outside and having to knock on the front door. however, it was already so i could see the inside of the house, as it is after knocking on the door and getting the notification where the residence's owner says "come on in!". what do you think?

Message 1 of 10 (1,365 Views)

Re: visiting a residence allows Sim to walk in without knocking

Hero

Was this a event triggered or a Sim you knew very well or a random stranger ?

I tried a few houses and they all still had the knock thing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,342 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

they are good friends. but their friendship bar has been fuller, and my active Sim still had to knock then.

Message 3 of 10 (1,335 Views)

Hero

What happens if you go to a random house that has someone living in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,329 Views)

★★ Expert
i was just testing with other households. she *had* to knock when visiting a Sim she doesn't know, or one who is an acquaintance.

what i described above only happened twice (same active Sim and same NPC; the second time was after restarting the game) but after another restart it appears to be back to normal.

i have to add that, both times this happened, it was when walking up to the NPC's house (it's a neighbour) and then clicking on "visit". not from the world map.

i tried yet again with the same active Sim, and can't reproduce it. what do you say, glitch?
Message 5 of 10 (1,322 Views)

Hero

Random issue. 

I don't know if it's worth reporting these random issues as bugs. If they are hard to repro and only happen once in a while and aren't really that bothersome, I'd say, just play on.

There will always be bugs in this game and for each bug reported, the devs will need to file a report, allocate time to repro and then have someone fix it. TBH, I'd rather have them spend valuable time on bigger issues that bother a lot of people.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,318 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

all right then. i have others but i promise that i won't add them. i'm sorry about the bother. thank you for replying anyway. and have a nice day/afternoon/whatever time it is now for you.

Message 7 of 10 (1,310 Views)

Hero

@unseenlarks

I'm not saying you shouldn't report nothing. I'm saying that there's a lot of issues and some are more random than others. So if you have issues that occur only once or twice, wait until they occur again before reporting. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,289 Views)

★★ Expert

i know. that's why i won't add the others. Wink

Message 9 of 10 (1,283 Views)

Hero

Going to add a feedback tag on this one to see if others see it too

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,276 Views)