Re: Urns counting as living Sims

by shepherdmoon

Original Post

[FEEDBACK] Urns counting as living Sims

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I just had my first Sim die, and noticed a couple of issues so far. He has not yet come back as a ghost.

1) The auto lights are now broken in the room his urn is in. The lights are on all the time even when no one is there. I can turn them off manually, but then they stay off until I turn auto lights back on.

2) I just got an achievement for having a Sim stay in the "fine" state for 48 hours, even though both my living Sims have been anything but fine the entire time. I suspect the game is referring to the dead Sim, who isn't even a ghost yet.

Both these issues seem to be related to the game thinking that the dead Sim (an urn, not a ghost) is a real living Sim.

No cc, Windows 7, disc copy.

Message 1 of 7 (693 Views)

★ Apprentice

Additional info: I quit the game yesterday, and when I came back in again today the auto lights were fixed. Now they turn off as they should. I still never should have gotten that achievement, though.

Message 2 of 7 (674 Views)

Hero

@shepherdmoon Did you experience this again or was this a one time thing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (622 Views)

★ Apprentice

I haven't experienced this issue in a long time, but I moved all the urns outside so that might be why.

Message 4 of 7 (618 Views)

Hero

@shadedgrey63 You clicked me too on this issue. Is this something you're still seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (614 Views)

★★ Guide

I actually haven't played in over a week, so I don't know.  I've been reading a book practically non-stop, lol.

Message 6 of 7 (607 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)
I've checked this (v1.13.106):
1.- I put the urn in a room
2.- I set automatic lighting. The lights in that room were off.
3.- I made a normal sim enter the room. Light turned on
4.- The sim left the room > lights off
5.- The ghost appeared one night. Lights turned on because then there was a sim in the room (the ghost). When the ghost left the room lights turned off
6.- The ghost moved from room to room and lights worked fine.
7.- When the time arrived, the ghost went to the urn and disappeared, but the lights didn't turn off.
8.- I turned them off and then set automatic lighting again, and they turned on again even if there was no sim in the room.

So now that room has always lights on.
Message 7 of 7 (572 Views)