Re: Grim Reaper acts weird after patch

by LizzusM

Original Post

[FEEDBACK/TO ADD] Grim Reaper acts weird after patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi.
Since the patch, which fixed my custom music, thank you very much!, Grim Reaper acts weird.
It takes about 2, maybe 3 Sim hours for him to show up, while everybody is crying over the deceased. It's drama!
When he arrives, he takes at least an hour to act. He's just standing there. When I finally got to offer the flower, it took yet another hour for him to resurrect the deceased.
A few Sims wet their pants and some were close to starving because it took so long.
I never had this problem untill the patch...
My game seems to lag as well.

I disabled my script modifations last week.

Message 1 of 10 (523 Views)

Hero

Just script mods or others too ?

Try removing your entire mods folder and try on a copy of your save game.

Also try moving your family out and back in.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (514 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi,
I read in a facebook group that people without CC or mods are experiencing similar problems.
The lagging is gone.

Message 3 of 10 (502 Views)

Hero

Could you post your specs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (486 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Quadcore 1.8-2.4 ghz, 8GB memory, windows 8.1

Message 5 of 10 (478 Views)

Hero

Could you post your complete Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (473 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Maybe my problem is the same - Grim always takes long to begin any action, just standing there doing nothing. Though he does appear normally.

Message 7 of 10 (470 Views)

Hero

Grimmy hasn't vistited me yet as I'm playing on long so I can't share my own experience but adding a feedback label for now to see if others have similar experiences

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (463 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This happened once in my game: the Grim Reaper was standing away from the death sim while the widow cried for 10-12h. Then, when I was about to reset my sim, he did his job and everything went back to usual.

I've tried to replicate this issue but I've been unable to do it after killing 8 more sims.

Message 9 of 10 (449 Views)

Hero

I'll add it to the list for feedback on the next round

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (443 Views)