Re: Sims 4 Wedding Guests

by vix3y

Original Post

[FEEDBACK] Sims not available to invite to parties

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I found this problem in my game, let me know if you have experienced the same problem and if you have found a solution.

I have updated my game to the latest patch.

My sims are engaged. When I use the option to plan a social event, it brings up the menu as per normal. I then click wedding and click next. Once on the next page, the bride and groom are selected, but when i click "Guests" it brings up the menu to select people and there are only 2 sims. I click the friends icon at the top but even though my sims have 10+ friends, they do not appear. It is usually the same 2 sims that appear (Even ones who my sims has a low relationship with) Sometimes they change, not often though. 

Why can't I invite my sims' friends to their wedding?

Message 1 of 11 (30,389 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem and can't get it 

Message 2 of 11 (30,310 Views)

★★★★ Guide

You can't invite sims that are currently travelling, at work, at school etc.

This is not a bug but a design choice, don't ask why the game doesn't list currently unavailable sims with an explanation why you can't call them.

Message 3 of 11 (30,305 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. It's Sunday in the game and I want Chandler and Monica to get married. The only friend she can invite is Rachel, who has Sunday off. Ross and Joey have jobs that start at 11am on Sunday. But I can't invite them when I try to around 7:30am. I guess that's slightly understandable. BUT I can't invite Phoebe either, and she doesn't start work till 5pm. Just to make sure none of them had decided to go travel around town during that time, I went into each of their homes and checked in on them. They were fully available. And they all know both Chandler and Monica.

Do they all have to quit their jobs in order to get invited to this stupid thing?? They don't have corresponding days off.

I had a wedding with another set of Sims where the bride was compelled to go to work during the event. Luckily I caught her before she left. 

Isn't a wedding a bit of an important occasion in which the game can reasonably say, ok let's forget about work for a few hours?? EA/Maxis, can you give us a break and make this a bit easier? It really takes all the fun out of it. I would like the option to change the last names as well.

Message 4 of 11 (30,294 Views)

Hero

Not sure how this is supposed to work but as far as I remember, I could invite people that were at work. They just didn't show up.

Have to check this out.

Are you using any mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (30,258 Views)

Hero

@jd45313 Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (29,119 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i am still having this issue. the sims have the day off and i checked and checked again for a 12 hour period and the option would not come up. i am not using any mods, she is my best friend in game, why can i not invite her?

Message 7 of 11 (26,656 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (26,639 Views)

Hero

Tagging @vix3y

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (26,601 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, IMO it's important enough to take a day off at work or school to come! Especially family members!

Message 10 of 11 (20,432 Views)