Re: [FEEDBACK] Pregnant Sim didn't spawn a baby

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: My Sims Can't Have Children

★★★★ Novice
Bummer. Okay. I'll just have to re make her in cas -_- ugh.
Message 51 of 60 (1,669 Views)

Re: Gave Birth, Named the Baby, But No Baby Appears

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

@Teegers1 wrote:

This just started since the vampire update. I have a Sim who is pregnant. She goes into labor and I click to give birth early. She delivers the baby, I name it using the random generator, and ... nothing. No baby shows up. If the family travels, then the baby appears. I've removed all my mods, cleared the cache, and reset the game to try to fix this, and still, the only way I get babies is by traveling away from the house and then coming back.

Just in case it matters, I'm playing on a Mac running Sierra with the latest updates. All the rest of the info is in the screenshot attached. Fully updated game with everything except some of the stuff packs.

Do you have a save where your Sim is still pregnant and hasn't given birth ?

Unfortunately, no. I just gave up and moved on. The parents were Caleb Vitore and a full-blooded alien female, if that makes any difference. I haven't tried another alien/vamp combination, but I wonder if it could be that the game is trying to create a combo that isn't supposed to exist (since full blooded aliens can't become vampires), so the result is no baby. Oh, when the baby does appear, the result is a normal (not alien or vampire) baby.

Message 52 of 60 (1,650 Views)

My Female Sim Won't Give Birth

★★ Novice

My Female Alien Sim on the sims 4 PC will not give birth. I don't have ANY mods installed and I tried repairing my game on origin and clearing my cache. My sim has been pregnant 4 times, and every time she goes into labor and no matter if she goes to hospital or has an in-home birth, it says she delivers and she gets the moodlet but there is no baby. No baby in my house, no baby in my household, there is no baby. Help me, please! I don't want anyone to tell me to remove all my mods, because I did. Thank you.

Message 53 of 60 (1,644 Views)

Re: My Female Sim Won't Give Birth

EA app Team

Hi @LifeSimmerFanBFF,

I am merging your thread here because we are talking about your issue in this thread.

You mention repaired your game and removed your mods. It would be interesting to know when you did this. Did you play any of those 4 pregnancies and deliveries without any mods installed?

You might want to take a look to the thread for more information Wink

-Mai

Message 54 of 60 (1,631 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, the first pregnancy I didn't do anything. The second one I removed my mods and cleared my cache. The third and fourth one I repaired my game and deleted some screenshots and save files. I'm very frustrated because it feels like I've done everything at this point and I would really LOVE IT if my game could work Frown

Message 55 of 60 (1,618 Views)

Hero

Is the father a normal Sim or also an alien or a vampire ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 60 (1,603 Views)

★★ Novice

The first, second, and fourth pregnancies were with normal sims. All different people. The third pregnancy was with an alien. I didn't try with a vampire, I thought it might not work.

Message 57 of 60 (1,599 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Best if you have a save where the Sim is still pregnant.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 60 (1,592 Views)

★ Novice

After the toddler update thing were glitch!

I  had a problem with a sim getting pregnant, carrying the baby and the moodlets showing how far along in the pregnancy she was would disappeared or the baby would never deliver full term!

No BABY!

Bummer of an update!

I found that if I had changed anything on the pregnant sim, like her wardrobe pieces, makeup or hair color, that it affected the pregnancy in a negative way. Possibly that's the problem.

But that's a glitch that needs to be fixed.

Message 59 of 60 (1,575 Views)

Hero

@bakersdosims wrote:

After the toddler update thing were glitch!

I  had a problem with a sim getting pregnant, carrying the baby and the moodlets showing how far along in the pregnancy she was would disappeared or the baby would never deliver full term!

No BABY!

Bummer of an update!

I found that if I had changed anything on the pregnant sim, like her wardrobe pieces, makeup or hair color, that it affected the pregnancy in a negative way. Possibly that's the problem.

But that's a glitch that needs to be fixed.

Is this with or without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 60 (1,558 Views)