[FEEDBACK] Photographs all appear pixelated/blocky

by laralanthalasa

Original Post

[FEEDBACK] Photographs all appear pixelated/blocky

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

As soon Get to Work was released they put out a patch that completely broke the photography skill. All the pictures now appear blocky and pixelated looking whether i take them with a cell phone or the photography station. It doesn't matter what size they are either. They all look terrible. It's also on every save and both computers i have. So i know it's not a problem with my computer. I really want this fixed asap. I really loved the photography skill but i never even got a chance to use it before they put that patch out Confusedmileysad:

Message 1 of 13 (1,585 Views)

Re: Photographs all appear pixelated/blocky

Hero

Are you on a PC or Mac ? What graphics card do you have ? Could be related to the pics going black issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Photographs-are-black/m-p/4487804

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,573 Views)

★★ Guide

Are you using the paint from reference before you take the pics because this is what is causing pics to glitch for a lot of people.

Message 3 of 13 (1,569 Views)

Hero

@catloverplayer Do you mean this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Large-Landscape-Photos-Much-Dimmer-than-Other-Si... ? I thought that was fixed ???

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,562 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've never really used paint from reference except when they first patched it in, to test it. And that was still only once in a previous different saved game.  The pictures also have never appeared black, except for marks on the sims teeth. Sometimes my smaller photos look like the sims are missing teeth because of black marks on their smile. But all of them are doing the weird pixelated/blocky thing. Im on PC and my graphics card ati radeon hd 5570

Message 5 of 13 (1,560 Views)

Hero

Did you try playing around with the graphics settings and could you post a picture ?

Just upload to some third party site and post the link here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (1,551 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry for the late reply. I've been away from home visiting family. Here are 3 pictures of photographs my sims have taken.

sims 4 blocky pictures *audio warning*

I have changed my graphics from very high to medium for a while and then back. Everything else in the game looks clear and sharp as far as i can tell. The sims and everything else look very high quality in game but the pictures from the photography skill all turn out blocky.

Message 7 of 13 (1,531 Views)

Hero

It's funny how pictures get differently for different people.

Really unsure what's causing it but I'll add it to the list on the next round

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (1,526 Views)

Hero

Added now but could you try this solution if it maybe helps for you too: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=556524

@laralanthalasa

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (1,505 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Added now but could you try this solution if it maybe helps for you too: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=556524

@laralanthalasa

Sorry if i'm a bit slow about this stuff but what exactly should i do?

I found the thing that says uiscale = 100 in the options in my documents. I'm not sure if that's the right thing or what exactly i should reset it to if it is. I think they are saying i'm supposed to set it to something other than 100? or are they saying to set it to 100?

Message 10 of 13 (1,497 Views)