Re: Phones Don't Ring Long Enough to Answer

by AudraAshar

Original Post

[FEEDBACK] Phones Don't Ring Long Enough to Answer

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

That's it. By the time you even realize who's phone is ringing it's already stopped.

Message 1 of 11 (1,248 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think the phone only rings once , but if you look at the interface looks like it vibrate , and you can click and answer the call. At least that's what happens to me.

Message 2 of 11 (1,207 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, and like I said, by the time you figure out who's phone has rung ONCE you missed the call.

Message 3 of 11 (1,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, my English is not good, but what I mean is that the phone still vibrates for a while, though it's not ringing anymore, and you can still take the call. I pause the game to see which phone is vibrating. Anyway you're right, it is easy to miss the call, the phone should ring and vibrate longer. I liked it better in TS3, you could see the musical notes coming out of the sim's pocket and it was easier to know which phone was ringing.

I did not mean it was not a problem, I think it is, and should be fixed. But I think it's not a bug, they simply should have done better.

Message 4 of 11 (1,185 Views)

★ Apprentice

That's ok. I understand. :catvery-happy:

Message 5 of 11 (1,175 Views)

Hero

Is this still an issue ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (964 Views)

Selection of Social Offers

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The popup for inbound cell phone messages auto-cancels within three seconds forcing the user to monitor continuously for friend requests and party notices. Additionally, some messages are never received due to an unreported error. The 'signal' animation indicates an incoming message and no message is received.

Message 7 of 11 (957 Views)

Re: Selection of Social Offers

Hero

@ForestNinja0

Believe this to be the same hence I merged. Never experience it myself though.

My questions remain the same a in your other threads: Any mods in your game ? Have you tried removing caches and repairing the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (942 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict  you're correct, this is the same complaint however I've reported this as a bug since I've noticed that an error occurs randomly which causes the inbound message to be lost before the popup is even generated. The 'signal' animation is displayed but the message is never received. This was tested with no content [and no modifications] for three weeks of 'sim time'

Message 9 of 11 (937 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Do you have any lastexeption files that show the error occurring ? That might help pinpoint the issue.

Feedback just means that the error was reported a while ago with no other reports and I'm not able to reproduce. It means; i need feeback if it's still an issue. This forum is about bugs only in general.

I'll put it back to open if you still see it but any additional info you can give is helpful.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (932 Views)