[FEEDBACK] Lock Doors Not Working

by JCStormy2

Original Post

Re: pets still use doors locked to them

★ Guide

The same sort of thing happens to the pet door when I specify what I want it locked to (ie: no cats coming it, but dogs allowed)

Message 21 of 31 (3,497 Views)

Re: pets still use doors locked to them

★ Guide

Mine is also happening the same problems mentioned here, every time I lock the door less to the sims of the family or group, then I enter the CAS or I leave the game and then I go back the doors that I lock block for all the Sims inside the home, even for Cats and Dogs.

Message 22 of 31 (3,491 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Lock Doors Not Working

★★★★★ Apprentice

My problem isn't what the OP has but exactly what the poster before me has said.

Ever since I installed Cats & Dogs I have been having issues with the locks IN my house. Currently (before I had the EP and updates installed) I had all of the bedrooms in the house locked so that only household members could access those rooms, but guests or outside sims couldn't. Later on I decided to get a butler and had updated the locks on each of those doors so that household members AND the butler could gain access; however, lately I notice every time I load the game from anything (coming back from a lot, CAS, manage world, etc.) or just reloading in general the doors I had lock settings on deny access to seemingly everyone including the household members whether they are inside the rooms or outside.

I have to keep going to each door and reset it to allow household members but still deny anyone who is not a household member and sometimes I have to reset it to allow the butler as well. Its really irritating to have to do it over and over again and I don't want to just unlock everything because of the guests going into rooms I don't want them in. I am playing a modded game, but all my mods are updated and haven't caused issues like this before. I don't play with custom furniture. I briefly tried the locks in a new save and still experienced the issue. I hope EA acknowledges this issue and fixes it ASAP.

Message 23 of 31 (3,463 Views)

Re: Locks on doors don't work properly since update

★★★ Novice

@henchbot You described it almost perfectly, only additional note: you don't even need to save-load, any loading screen (visiting any place and coming back, planning outfits, actively going to work with a sim and coming back...) causes the same effect. I'm suspecting this is related to how the door access info is being serialized and dumped into disk, because while being in the context of memory (RAM) the accesses work just fine (this is a debugging tip for the developers covering this bug report).

Message 24 of 31 (3,435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This post is for making it clear that this is not related to pets expansion, the report from my perspective:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Spanish
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but vampires, pets, bowling night, fitness, and Halloween
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Lock a door in the game - Allow a specific Sim to go through that door AND employees/butler - any loading screen and come back - try to make the previously allowed Sim go through that door
What happens when the bug occurs? After any loading screen Sims can't go through locked doors anymore when starting the game up again.
What do you expect to see? Allowed Sims should still be allowed to go through the locked door after all the actions that require a loading screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Nothing ever.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent Sims 4 update, the one before Cats & Dogs came out.

Message 25 of 31 (3,432 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

No one ever said it was.

EP issues usually have an EP tag in the title.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 31 (3,420 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Now after most recent patch doors reset to lock all the time and they won't let sims in everytime they come back the doors are locked and the access is not holding.  If you have toddlers you lock the front door for the toddlers so they can't leave the house, Should you let toddlers run around a unlocked house?  What places are safe I have their room locked to everyone but household,  plus butler, and the parents room is locked to everyone but parents, the front door is open to everyone but toddlers, the backyard door is open to everyone even toddlers, but the settings won't stay.  Everytime I leave the lot and come back I got to reset all access to front door so my sims can get in.

Message 27 of 31 (3,385 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Work around for locked door resetting bug!

Clear all access on all locked doors, save game, exit game completely.

Start game, if doors say "lock door for..." or lock door for household" the lock was reset now lock one door leave lot, come back right away if door remains locked while other doors are unlocked problem fixed.  Now set access to do per sim give access to sim 1, 2 and whoever you want. now save game, than exit game completely, now reload save if sim access held door reset, now finial test leave lot come back and if access held door access is now working again.

This most likely has something to do with the new pet locking addiction any doors locked before Cats and Dog expansion pack will need to be reset to update their menu for cats and dogs even if you don't see it on the door access menu, the menu for cats and dog locks only show up if cats and dogs are in the family.

Message 28 of 31 (3,377 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've tried this and it works. However, when I started playing again today, it's doing the same thing, but this time it is after doing a SAVE from the ... menu while in the household.  This is very annoying.  This needs to get back to working like it's supposed to.  I was playing and realizing my sims couldn't go to work, cuz they were locked in their rooms....

Message 29 of 31 (3,314 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Locking your doors, then leaving the lot, and then returning, should no longer cause the door lock to fail.
  • Once again you will be able to really keep your little brother out, and stay out!
  • As I always say “Hey little bro, read the sign. It clearly says Depwa Spanewash Depla Blah.”
    • And that’s usually the end of that argument.

Fixed in Patch 1.37.35

Not sure if all issues are fixed. Please create a new thread if other issues are still present.

EDIT

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Sims-Entering-Locked-Doors/m-p/6501755#M55248

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 31 (19,170 Views)