Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FEEDBACK] Lock Doors Not Working

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for pets (yet)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Lock the door specifying that only family members and employees can open it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Since this last update (Nov 2017) doors locked, allowing only specific people to use them, no longer works meaning anyone can just wander into my Sim's home or I have to run around and remember to unlock everything when someone needs to leave; a worker comes to fix something, or hire a butler.
What do you expect to see? I try to leave the house. It says I can't. I relock the doors and try to leave the house. It says I can't.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The November 2017 patch.

Since this last update (Nov 2017) doors locked, allowing only specific people to use them, no longer works meaning anyone can just wander into my Sim's home or I have to run around and remember to unlock everything when someone needs to leave; a worker comes to fix something, or hire a butler.

Message 1 of 31 (16,518 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Locks on doors don't work properly since update

[ Edited ]
Hero

Locking your doors, then leaving the lot, and then returning, should no longer cause the door lock to fail.
  • Once again you will be able to really keep your little brother out, and stay out!
  • As I always say “Hey little bro, read the sign. It clearly says Depwa Spanewash Depla Blah.”
    • And that’s usually the end of that argument.

Fixed in Patch 1.37.35

Not sure if all issues are fixed. Please create a new thread if other issues are still present.

EDIT

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Sims-Entering-Locked-Doors/m-p/6501755#M55248

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 30 of 31 (19,249 Views)

All Replies

Locks on doors don't work properly since update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and game packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? - Lock a door in the game - Allow a specific Sim to go through that door AND employees - Save the game - Close the game - Start the game - Try to make the previously allowed Sim go through that door
What happens when the bug occurs? After saving and closing the game, allowed(!) Sims can't go through locked doors anymore when starting the game up again.
What do you expect to see? Allowed Sims should still be allowed to go through the locked door after closing and then starting up the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent Sims 4 update, the one before Cats & Dogs came out.

When I lock a door for everyone and allow a specific Sim to go through that door, AND employees, then - after saving and closing the game - that specific Sim can't go through that door anymore after starting the game back up again. This happens to all households and even after completely reinstalling the game - so with a new installation and a new save game, without any Mods or CC.

This started happening after the most recent update that came out before Cats & Dogs was released. By now, I also have Cats & Dogs, with the new options for door locks, but the problem still occurs. Is this a bug or is something wrong with my (newly installed!) game?

(Edited: before, I lacked to mention that you, besides your own sim, have to also allow employees, otherwise the bug does not occur.)

Message 2 of 31 (16,439 Views)

Hero

Duplicated and added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 31 (16,394 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue as described. I have game version 1.36.102.1020

Message 4 of 31 (16,351 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Lock Specific Doors Not Working

★ Apprentice

Exactly the same issue with the locked doors since I installed the last update. I'll lock doors for everyone but household members but then if I click on the same door later it will give me the option to unlock the door for certain people, when it shouldn't be locked for them to begin with. It's SUPER annoying. I also have a new issue now where when I initiate conversations between sims at meals they have to stand up and hug. It's so weird. 

Message 5 of 31 (16,324 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem as well. I noticed it happened after the latest update, too. I have also tried to uninstall and re-install the game as well. I would lock sim's rooms and allow only house members and employees there, but when I save and leave the game, and then come back later, I find my sims trapped in their room or out of their room. Oops

Message 6 of 31 (16,287 Views)

Re: Doors staying locked once tenant moves out

★★★ Novice

So is it already reported or have to file a bug? I just came back to play TS4 after a while and this super-annoying introduced bug will keep me away from the game for some time... again. Even a loading screen (like when you go to plan outfits) messes with the doors locked. I only allow the parents and servants in the parents' room, household members and servants to the children's room and so on, I only allow guests in the common areas of the house or the areas for outdoor activities. This is pretty annoying since I have to reset the doors' locking after any loading screen, which wastes ~5 minutes.

If there's no validation for patches or new features, the developers should add it; if they have: ensure they test a loading screen and play for a full day and test all activities. They keep breaking things for every thing they fix. They need a serious methodology of how to clean up/fix bugs or better organize their code/project/shared repository; it's been years of a horrible mess.

Message 7 of 31 (16,223 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have also had the same problem after these last two updates, every time I lock the door of my family sims house the game locks the house for everyone by not allowing my sims in and out of the house.

Message 8 of 31 (16,239 Views)

[TO TEST] Can't access areas locked to others

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Cats and dogs, get together, get to work, vampire, dine out, spa, fitness stuff, vintage glamour, kitchen stuff, holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure what's causing it, but have a door with specified access to your household, leave the lot and come back.
What happens when the bug occurs? I allow access to my household only, on certain doors, and when I come back to the lot my sims can't access the area corrected to the door, not even by teleporting.
What do you expect to see? That areas allowed to my household are actually accessible by my household.
Please describe the patch or change you made. This bug starting occurring after the cats and dogs update.

Leaving my home lot causes all my locked doors and the areas connected to them to become inaccessible, when I return, even if I try to teleport into them.

Message 9 of 31 (16,208 Views)

Re: Doors staying locked once tenant moves out

Hero

HI @R4PT0Rlead

I'm a bit confused as your issue sounds different than the one in the report ?

This is about the doors still being locked if someone moves out.

I haven't heard of your issue so yes please, file a new report. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 31 (16,210 Views)