Re: Inventory Scrolling - Position remembered too well

by LuvMySimz

Original Post

[FEEDBACK] Inventory scroll bar scrolls back up on its own

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@crinrict  -  Don't know where to post this, so I'm posting it here.

There are two new glitches since the toddler patch where the scrollbar scrolls back up by itself when you scroll down. Also another bug with household inventory where mostly gardening goods often lands in household inventory. No idea how that happen and why. Fixing and cleaning procedure did not help so far. When you drag the goods from houshold inventory on to the floor or sureface the object vanish by ghosthand. I have read about these issues in the net somewhere, but lost the link. Will look for it again and post it.

edit: link 1 -  people talk about the houshold inventory glitch -

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/912882/inventory-glitch

scrollbar problem link will follow (if I find it again) 

Message 1 of 16 (2,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please open two new threads.

I do have to say that I can't duplicate neither issue.

Would you be willing to share your save ? What are the exact circumstances to repro these ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,973 Views)

★ Pro

The Sims Inventory scrolling issue happens when you slowly scroll down to search for an item. That is if you have objects in there that brings the scrollbar up. While you keep on scrolling and stop it jumps back to the beginning. Kinda reminds me of the CAS undo button LOL (that gladly got fixed.) You can read in the german forum that more ppl have this scrolling jump bug issue. Moderator Gagea also has it. http://forums.thesims.com/de_DE/discussion/770543/der-sims-4-bug-thread/p17

Message 3 of 16 (1,968 Views)

Hero

@LuvMySimz I split your thread now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (1,943 Views)

★ Pro

Thanks! @crinrict

Message 5 of 16 (1,936 Views)

Hero

@LuvMySimz

I've added the scrolling issue for now

Please make an extra thread for the gardening stuff ending up in household inventory.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (1,920 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@crinrict

Actually I believe that the personal inventory scrolling bar issue is somehow connected with the  household inventory issue. That's why I mentioned both the issues here.

I've noticed that stuff ends up in Sim household (as a copy) mostly when the scrollbar is acting up. Why I believe it's all just copies because once trying to place them from household to somewhere on the lot it just poofs. Also noticed that this mainly happens with Sims who have allot of stuff in their personal inventory.

For example: One of my Sim Male has allot of collectables in his personal inventory. When I scroll back and forth in his inventory trying to search for some stuff to sort out the scrollbar will jump back to the very first position by ghost hand. Then I look in the household inventory and sure enough some stuff that my Sim already has in his personal inventory also lands there AS AN UNUSABLE COPY. Some Gardening stuff, some Rewards and a few other things. Those are save to delete since they are only unusable copies. Still a pain in the b... :/

And to say at last, Sims with less amount of objects in their inventory nothing will land in the household inventory when the scrollbar bug occur. At least not yet.

So I don't know if it make sense to open an extra thread since they seem to relate to one another.

Message 7 of 16 (1,892 Views)

★ Pro

I just left a reply to you and I could see it but now when looking at this page again it somehow just vanished Wondering

Message 8 of 16 (1,902 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Aparently something didn't work as expected, thanks for letting us know and sorry for the inconvenience @LuvMySimz, your post is back Wink

-Mai

Message 9 of 16 (1,888 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name. 

EDIT: Found this link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Unselectable-Items-in-Household-Inventory/m-p/5... Sounds similar to your issue that you can't take it out of family inventory anymore

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (1,875 Views)