Re: Stacks Used Up

by crinrict

Original Post

[FEEDBACK] Grafting/Fertilizing/Analyzing uses entire stack

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is similar to the other inventory glitch listed but not the same so I am reporting it as new.  If I grab a splice from one plant and graft it onto another, everything works fine.  However, if I grab multiple splices and they are in a stacked list and I try and graft, the graft gets accepted but the stack is now locked and cannot be used anymore.  To get rid of it I have to exit the game and restart or else the stack remains in inventory.  This occurs both with mods and without.  Also using one splice results in all the rest of the splices in stack getting used, which is probably why the issue exists in the first place.

Message 1 of 14 (1,978 Views)

Re: grafting/inventory glitch

Hero

Hi @Ethyrdude

do you drag the plants onto others to graft ? Have you tried the grafting options on the plant itself ? Does that not work either ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (1,958 Views)

★★ Guide

No I don't drag anything.  I take a cutting from a plant and then graft it to the one I want.  If I grab multiple grafts then they all go onto the first plant I graft them to.  So if I have 3 then I lose all 3 if I have 4 then I lose all 4.  It will say I still have some in inventory but if I exit the game and restart then all the cuttings are gone.  If I do not exit the game, those grafts that I still see are no longer accessible.

Message 3 of 14 (1,944 Views)

Hero

Sorry still a bit unclear (english is not my mother tongue).

So you choose graft on the plant and then choose an cutting in your inventory that is a stack and that uses all items in the stack ? 

That must be a new bug then since I never had that happen in my game (haven't had the time to play lately). 

Did it work for you before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (1,939 Views)

★ Guide

I have also started having this problem for the first time.

I travel around to gather cuttings which are grouped into stacks (the grouping seems random; that is, cutting from the same plant don't form their own stack).

When I get home and graft a cutting from the stack, the entire stack disappears.

Say, for example, I'm gathering cuttings for a particular plant and visit three different places. In one case, I ended up with one stack of 6 cuttings and another stack of 7 cuttings, both of the same plant type.

However, I could only perform two graftings once I got home to my garden, since I could only use one cutting from each stack.  The remaining 11 cuttings just vanished.

And by the way, I do not queue the actions for "Take Cutting" or "Graft." After instructing a sim to perform one action, I wait until that action symbol in the queue disappears before instructing the sim to take another cutting or graft another plant.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Message 5 of 14 (1,898 Views)

Hero

I never had more than one stack and no issues so far just using one per plant.

Would you mind sharing your save ?

I won't have time till Monday but it would be good to have an example.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (1,884 Views)

Stacks Used Up

★★★ Pro

When a Sim does the following options, all the objects in the stacks are used:

• Analyze flora on chemical analyzer
  • Graft
  • Fertilize
Message 7 of 14 (1,883 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Like this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Grafting-uses-entire-stack/m-p/4578222#M1371... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (1,872 Views)

★★★ Pro

Yes, but it affects more than grafting.

Message 9 of 14 (1,867 Views)

Hero

I've merged anyways

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (1,863 Views)