[FEEDBACK] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

by Sims4780

Original Post

Re: City Living School bug?

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue.  Kids and teens freeze when trying to go to school.  I press pause - which takes about half a sim hour to actually take affect then unpause and wait another half a sim hour for that to take affect and sometimes they trot off to school.  If that doesn't work I pop in and out of build mode and that often works.  No mods or cc and it happens on all saves.

Message 61 of 216 (2,011 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. When it is time for my sims to go to school they game freezes up while time is still running. It take a few minutes (human minutes, not game minutes) for it to unfreeze. Then they go to school and my game goes back to normal, but it happens every single time they go to school. I have no CC or mods. Is there a way to fix this without having to delete my saved game?

Message 62 of 216 (1,968 Views)

Hero

Hi @MusicalDreamDoll

you certainly don't have to delete your save game. It's a common bug that needs to be fixed by EA/Maxis. Your save should work again after they did so.

There's a few workaround suggestion in this thread and the issue seems to be caused by the teens.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 216 (2,029 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My game also has this problem, the sims always freeze on this time at 8:00. @Sims4780 @crinrict @SimGuruNick 

Link of video showing problem - https://twitter.com/PlumbobEmotion/status/856328380979056640

Message 64 of 216 (2,018 Views)

★★ Novice
When are they going to fix this? It happened right when I got the new Vampire game about 2 weeks ago. I haven't been able to play since. This is super frustrating.
Message 65 of 216 (1,977 Views)

Toddlers have messed up my game

★★★ Newbie

I'm to the point I don't want to play the sims 4 anymore. Ever since they added toddlers my game has been so glitched its not fun to play anymore. I have seen many people complain about toddlers but maxis seems to not really care. At 8am everyday my game stops, I cant switch to a different sim, I cant make them stop what their doing so they can go to work or school, the pause/play/speed up doesn't work. I use to be able to exit and reload it and it would unfreeze the game but now that doesn't work. I have no cc or mods. I have uninstalled the game an reinstalled it but nothing I even repaired it and it still does it. I didn't have any problem with my game at all till they added toddlers. Please fix it an stop worrying about small things that aren't even noticeable, fix the big things.   

Message 66 of 216 (1,970 Views)

Re: Toddlers have messed up my game

Hero

Hi @CheyenneHarrell1

this is a known issue and I've merged your thread with existing bug report.

There'e a few suggestions what you can try in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 67 of 216 (1,955 Views)

Re: Toddlers have messed up my game

★★★ Newbie

I'll try anything to make it stop. I really love the game but its so annoying an takes away from game play. My husband laughs at me when I get so upset with it lol. I did try an experiment just to make sure it was toddlers. I created a family whos kids never had the toddler stage and it never froze at 8am it played good. I would do that with all my families but I love the toddler stage.

Message 68 of 216 (1,944 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I’m wondering if there is any possibility that a teen’s part time job makes this freeze severe. I read someone’s post here previously that pointed out the main cause might be a teen. That explains a lot to me.

My game actually became almost unplayable a while ago due to this glitch. However, once I made my teen sim stop working, it became much smoother. My sims still freeze for a moment around 8:00 am but start moving immediately, and children leave their house within 10-20 sim mins, so no phone call from their school so far.

While my game was being laggy, it froze up critically twice also at the time my teen’s part time job started, not only around 8:00 am. He always needed an hour just to start moving toward a front door, while the other adults seemed fine.

I think Teen is the only one life stage in which sims are allowed to have double jobs - one of them is not strictly a labor, though. I mean, when you open their Career panel, you can see literally two tables which contain information for school and job each if they work. The game system needs to manage each information such as schedule to attend and grade/performance. So, I just guess that there might be some kind of redundancy around codes to switch these tables. This is just my guess, so could be wrong, but I'm sure that in my case, teen has a problem with attending his/her workplace, as well as school.

Message 69 of 216 (1,888 Views)

Game freezing every morning when kids go off to school

★★★★ Novice

I have not played my games in months because of this issue, and I stop playing just to give them time to get the issue taking care of. But I come back to the game and it is still the same old annoying issue. At around the time for the kids to go to school every morning everyone in the house gets stuck. the game just starts to freeze up no one will move. I have to pause the game if it lets me just to get them started again. And that does not all the time work, has anyone found out what this is and when are they going to fix it. Because if this is something that we have to go through every morning in the game then I don't want to play it because that is annoying.

Message 70 of 216 (1,889 Views)