[FEEDBACK] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

by Sims4780

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

EA Live QV Team

Hi @crinrict

We have enough saves for this currently. Thank you.

Message 31 of 216 (2,794 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict and @IrishMadCat_EA Thankyou for everything you are doing to help this situation! I really do appreciate it as I am sure that everyone here does too! Standard smile

Message 32 of 216 (2,788 Views)

★★★ Novice

HI there, 

I'm just wondering if anyone managed to figure anything out in regards to this problem? I've been struggling with it for days now, and it really does become quite detrimental to play, start to dread 8:00am haha. If you need any further save files or anything of that nature then just let me know. Just want to be able to get back to my Sims haha 

Message 33 of 216 (2,706 Views)

★★★ Novice

This seems to be a time/clock issue.

8.00   Supposed to go to school but no 'go to school' icon pops up

Children/teens stand around moving but I have no control of pausing or doing anything until they leave for school.

8.12   'Go to school' icon pops up but the children/teens are still kind of frozen

8.17    The clock suddenly jumps from 8.12 to 8.17 then back to 8.12

Sometimes the children/teens leave at 8.15 but sometimes not until about 8.25 (making them late for school)

Off topic but to do with another time/clock issue that may be relevant.  When all sims are sleeping and the time the super fast forward the clock seems to stall at 03.30, the game doesn't freeze its just the clock stuck. If I don't pause then hit the fast forward again the sun will go up and down and and back up again and the time/clock do strange things back and forth.

Message 34 of 216 (2,665 Views)

Hero

That other issue can be found here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Issues-with-time-Clock/td-p/5095254...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 216 (2,708 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi again, 

I don't know if it will help, but I have taken a video of exactly what occurs at 8:00am on a school day. I've tried in various ways to attach it to this message, but it doesn't seem to work. If you feel it will be beneficial to understanding the issue, then feel free to let me know, and we can find a way for me to send it to you. 

Thanks Standard smile

Message 36 of 216 (2,699 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @robb_m860I don't think we need to see your video of the 8AM freezing, we've been able to reproduce this as well. Thanks for the help! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 37 of 216 (2,685 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've tested something out and so far its working like it should, hence no more delay's in getting to school. When the kids are either still in the home or standing out the front on the part of their lot this is when the delay is occurring.  I've now got them standing on the footpath right at the spot where they leave for school, making sure they are on that spot prior to 8.00 am. I did this for 2 days in a row to make sure my theory worked and so far it has.

Message 38 of 216 (2,667 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey there, 

I tried this during my troubleshooting, however it did not work for me sadly Frown

Message 39 of 216 (2,660 Views)

★★ Novice

This also happens to me.

Message 40 of 216 (2,641 Views)