[FEEDBACK] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

by Sims4780

Original Post

Game lags when sims go to school or work

★★★ Novice

I'm having an issue where anytime it's time for a sim to go to work or school my sims and everything freezes but the time and it lags for a very long time. The time could go by but then it goes back (could say 9 am but goes back to 8:30 am). 

Message 141 of 216 (1,483 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

★★★ Apprentice

Well here we are... in July 2017. There was an update yesterday & it looks like a lot of issues were fixed (the bra inside the shower must have been driving some people crazy - it's not like it stopped the gameplay or anything... *insert eyeroll here* moving on...) But this issue... that ACTUALLY affects gameplay has NOT yet been fixed.  

Here are my thoughts on this... EA needs to decide if they want to keep their customers.  I am not a child - I earn my money and I only play a small select few of games (I have been a fan of Sims since the beginning.) I would be happy to buy additional expansion packs, stuff packs, etc... IF the game would play as it should.  But I have no interest in buying anymore products for this game if EA has no intention of fixing this problem.

I know everyone has a job to do... and certain issues are priority over others.  Considering this has been a KNOWN problem since January this year (6 months ago)... and there is no mention of a fix nor any official word from a EA rep on this forum - are we to assume that EA is not concerned that we are getting fed up & are ready to pull the plug on Sims 4?  If so, so be it... I'll find other ways to spend my money.

(I know I sound like a crab... I'm really tired of not being able to really play my game w/out having to 'work around' issues especially seeing as there is no set way to work around this one.)

It's been months... just tell us something!  Better yet... FIX THIS!

Message 142 of 216 (1,449 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Super agree! Here in Brazil they increased the price of the base game, since they increased the price they have to correct this bug yes, this bug affects the gameplay a lot, which gives me more anger and that this topic has been around since February and they do not even respond anymore Here giving a satisfaction, I'm real giving up this game, these SimGurus, from Electronic Arts. It's too cheeky they want to get more money from us with these collections and packages and just * for everyone here. I know it must be difficult to fix bugs, but it does not cost anything to give an answer so at least we do not get a Muggle like thinking that this bug will be fixed in a future update, I enter in this post every day to see if they updated something. The Sims 4 is being a real disappointment.

Message 143 of 216 (1,431 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi everyone,

My QA team is definitely aware of this issue and actively tracking it. We've seen and reproduced it in our games as well. I know I previously said in this thread (back in like March) that we don't need any more saves for this issue, but I take that back. If you're experiencing this issue, I encourage you to share your save file with me where you've seen it. This will help my QA team ensure that it hopefully gets fixed for everyone, in every situation and every save. 

The following link has instructions for sending save files, but please let me know if you have any questions! And thanks much for your help and patience!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 144 of 216 (1,383 Views)

Message 145 of 216 (1,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It's Aug now and I'm still having this issue. I haven't played the game in months. I will not be purchasing any more packs until it's fixed. This is ridiculous..
Message 146 of 216 (1,079 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Another who is now having this issue - never had it until after the last patch.

Something I noticed/possibly a tip that I posted on the Sims forums but it got ignored: it only seems to happen when my teen sitting at the dining table either doing his homework or eating breakfast when school time came around. What is everyone else's kids/teens doing when school comes?

It was partially bad once when he and his now-YA sister were both doing their homework and the older generations had interactions with the teens that conflicted. 

I've been trying this out - when he waits outside, practices his speech, uses the punching bag or using the shower there's no lag whatsoever Wondering Might be something that's worth others seeing if it's the same for them?

Message 147 of 216 (1,027 Views)

Hero

That might be the other freezing issue that you're seeing. Doing autonomous Homework has always been an issue if the Sim talks at the same time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 148 of 216 (1,020 Views)

★★ Novice

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag3mZzU_j1zJga5luU94Ks4oEF4nog

I've been struggling with this bug for months, I really hope it's fixed soon ! The glitch happens on both my households.

Message 149 of 216 (985 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Its funny because I just purchased the game less than a month ago and this is still happening and Ive tried to reboot it or just leaving my computer alone for a second and nothing
Message 150 of 216 (930 Views)