Game freezes at 8am

by apples1977

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

★★ Novice
Having this exact same problem and found this thread to see if anyone else has been struggling with this. Not impressed with EA recently regarding interaction I had with them about a different game but I've been an avid simmer since the very first game ...really disappointed at all the money I've paid over the years on all the base games and expansions and stuff packs and I got treated awfully when contacted them and now this very intrusive bug into gameplay has been going on for so long and they don't even seem to care. Like they're too busy spewing out new packs to try get money than actually address the issues
Message 201 of 216 (1,107 Views)

Game freezes at 8am

★★★★ Novice
My game will freeze at 8am only if there are children in the the household who are going to school, so it won't do it on a weekend when there is no school, time keeps going till 9 then it will unfreeze and revert back to 8 again and everything will be normal it will freeze maybe for 30 secs maybe longer.
Message 202 of 216 (1,026 Views)

Re: Game freezes at 8am

Hero

Hi @apples1977

this is a known issue.

merged your post with existing bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 203 of 216 (1,013 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Iv posted so many times on this thread and no one seems to know whats going on! Its absolutely ridiculous that they will take our money for there gain but wont sort out known issues for their loyal customers! Mine now freezes nearly all the time! It doesn't matter if there is children or not it still freezes at random times throughout the game ! I wish they would fix this! Im so desperate to buy more expansion packs but don't see any point when they cant be bothered to help there customers.
Message 204 of 216 (1,002 Views)

Hero

There's a few tips in this thread, beyond that there's nothing you can do atm. Maxis needs to fix it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 205 of 216 (996 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm also having the same issue and have done for months now. It did stop briefly a month or two ago but has recently started again. Not sure why it's happening. But agreed, it is a joke considering this thread started at the start of the year and it's now November. I'm hoping the pets expansion helps fix the bug, but it shouldn't take me spending more money just for a game I've put 100's into to work. I have no CC and have tried repairing the game through origin several times but it does nothing. It's every time my kids/teens have to go to school at 8am and it's between every action the sims freeze as time goes on. The save I'm playing, before my sim had a daughter, the game ran smoothly. 

Message 206 of 216 (972 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this issue after installing today's patch (version 1.36.99)?

If so, please let me know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 207 of 216 (937 Views)

★★ Novice

Just updated the game and it's loading now. Will let y'all know if it's running better 

Message 208 of 216 (889 Views)

★★★ Novice
On options (in gameplay) I switched off mods and closed it down and started a new game. I haven’t had any issues with them going to school so far. And have raised a child from toddler. No teenagers yet though. And only one child
Message 209 of 216 (870 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

In my game hallelujah back to normal!

Message 210 of 216 (853 Views)