Re: [OPEN] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

by thejellywobbler

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem, right when it is time for the children to go to school.  I come back to this thread every now and again to see if the issue has been resolved, and months later, still nothing.  This is getting a little ridiculous.

Message 191 of 216 (1,649 Views)

★★★ Novice

but i feel like this should be a priority bug for them to fix and it's been months apparently. rather than making more stuff packs they could fix some of the bugs

Message 192 of 216 (1,628 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Todays date: September 12th, 2017

Today's significance: A new patch

Patch's gain: More CAS and Buy mode objects

Today's disappointment: No fix for this bug.

Shocking ay? 

Message 193 of 216 (1,603 Views)

Re: Sims won't go to school, get stuck

★★ Novice
I have the same problem. Super annoying. I use no mods and never have.
Message 194 of 216 (1,465 Views)

Re: Sims won't go to school, get stuck

★★★★ Novice
Mine seems worse now! It freezes around 8am 1pm and 5pm! So frustrating!!! This needs to be fixed now!
Message 195 of 216 (1,457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the same problem and it seems to be getting worse with time. I have no mods or custom content installed. I've tried turning off autonomy and making my child sims wait at the spot where they "leave" the lot for school at 7am. It has helped a little, along with toggling between build and live mode. Sometimes minimizing and maximizing the game while it "catches up" helps. The bug still disrupts gameplay enough for me to give up and go play something else. I'm hoping they have this fixed soon, or I won't be buying the next expansion.

Message 196 of 216 (1,327 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm having this problem.

The game doesn't freeze exactly but becomes too slow when kids or teens go to school.

Message 197 of 216 (1,292 Views)

★★★ Novice
I started a new game with no kids as I can’t stand it!
So frustrating. The main reasons I play the sims games is for the family aspect and the pets (when it comes out)
It’s really ruining my enjoyment of the game
Message 198 of 216 (1,165 Views)

★ Novice

I have been having this problem since probably January and have been really annoyed with it to the point where it ruins the game for me. I was recently looking in to the issue and I think I've sort of fixed the probably if not made it a bit better. First thing you should try doing is backing up any saved games that you want to keep. Then try uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Don't worry you won't lose any expansion packs, you just need to reinstall them. I tried this and all though it freezing when they go to school it only does this for a second and then they go to school! I think that this is worth trying for everyone who is having the same probably! Let me know if it works for you!

Amy 

Message 199 of 216 (966 Views)

Re: City Living School bug?

★★ Apprentice
Still bugged. No cc, no mods.
Message 200 of 216 (929 Views)