Re: [OPEN] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

by dijalicious

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I agree @ShaySerafinus I have been calling and calling it is now to the point they can't BS me anymore and I asked for all my money back from the game since it can't be played and you know what they started to do........ Hung up in my face and refuse to give me all my money back. People spends hundreds on this game and you treat them this way!!!!

I agree @badwesz I have been calling every day to see will anyone do anything about this after so much BS they stated to hang up in my face, because I ask for all of my money back and this damn game can't be played at all. I am tired of it and at this point I will be calling back everyday to speak to someone higher up.

I agree @KelMac81 I have been calling for two weeks now, and after giving me BS responses and no longer being able to give me none they started to hang up in my face while on the phone because I asked for all my money back. And just like you I am not a kid and I earn my money like every adult on here that play this game. I am passed pissed I am done and just want my money back and I am cutting EA off.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Mostly all of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know, I don't make the game and I am not a Tech who can do that, all I ask is that it gets fix..
What happens when the bug occurs? Time goes on and the sim kids will not move to go to school.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see it FIX!!!!! 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Toddlers

UPDATE!!!!!

Hello Everyone

it is now to the point where I have call them everyday and then they asked me to wait 72 hours and I do that just for the heck of it, because I knew nothing will be done. They have LIED to me because after 72 hours no one contacted me and then they have HUNG UP IN MY FACE!!!!!!!!!!! after having me wait for a long time, I try to call back or open a new case to have them call me back and no one will call me back. About this game that should have been FIXED months ago. I started to ask for my money back and that is when they started hanging up in my face. It is clear that EA is not trying to fix this because they are putting out more stuff packs and things like that But it takes you almost a year to fix this bug!!!. 

Thank you EA for your support like we support YOU!!!

Message 181 of 216 (1,173 Views)

Re: Teen/Kids freezes when going to school

★ Pro

Quote @Phantomlover1717 :
"The Sims team is aware, and is asking for save files so they can find the problem and fix it. 
Keep in mind The Sims 4 is a HUGE game, a bug free game with a game with so many options and interactions linked with each other is almost impossible.
And sadly sometimes you fix one big bug and you'll create 5 new ones in return. It's hard work to fix these issues. So give The Sims 4 team some time to fix it."

As much as this bug is leading to frustration, all we can do is WAIT and HOPE that after "7 month of enough time now" a fix will come soon.
Message 182 of 216 (1,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm just chiming in to say that this has been happening to me too. It's BEYOND frustrating, and makes me not want to play the game. I've been enjoying having children much more since toddlers etc but this glitch makes me not want to have any children. I've found going into the map and back helps, but it takes FOREVER to load the map up anyway so it's still frustrating! EA please fix this as soon as you possibly can -- definitely before cats and dogs or I'm not going to be spending any more money for a glitch that has been going on all year! 

Message 183 of 216 (1,123 Views)

@LuvMySimz have you looked around in this bug forum? There are a lot of bugs out there. Bug fixing is a time consuming job, bugs don't show up on every game. Why is this? What triggers the bug? When you find what causes is, how will you fix it? And when you fix it, what will happen to the rest of the game play? What do you break when you fix this? And how do you fix that?

Depending on the bug 7 months might not be enough time to fully find the issue. Focusing on just one bug and ignoring the rest of them is also something.... 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 184 of 216 (1,106 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro
@Phantomlover1717
I think you're getting things a bit mixed up here. This bug IS a gamebreaker which makes the game not even playable anymore for many players. Therefore Bugs like that should have first priority. 7 month for a gamebreaking bug is pretty long in my eyes.

ETA: Although I do understand your point, but please do not compare this major gamebreaking bug with the rest of the bugs on board. So far (after deleting/uninstalling CL) I have not seen any other bug that break/freez the game as much as this one which leads to an unplayable game for many. Especially when you are a family player.
Message 185 of 216 (1,100 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yup I've had this happen to me too and it was extremely frustrating. It hasn't happened for a while though but it would be nice if they fix it. 

Message 186 of 216 (1,012 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So far the best temporary solution I have played with is having an adult leave right before the children go to school. Leaving the kids at home, they automatically leave for school without a fight. I much rather deal with loading screens then wait for the game to run its course through the daily glitch. Its defiantly still a burden but it will do for the meantime.

Message 187 of 216 (846 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I too think I have found a sort of solution. Basically, I cut my losses and started a brand new game and then I switched autonomy off. Completely off, not just for selected sim.
I also have the new simulation fix mod from duderocks on MTS which was last updated 4 days ago.
These things really seem to have done the trick. There is only sometimes very minor lag around 8am but it's barely noticeable anymore. It's a couple of real life seconds and I can deal with that!
So, if you just want to get back to playing Sims 4 again without tearing your hair out, please give these things a go!
Good luck all!!
Message 188 of 216 (832 Views)

★★★ Novice

This happens to me every single time too. so frustrating. i think i might stop playing until they fix it. i wish they would at least acknowledge it ! 

Message 189 of 216 (807 Views)

Hero

It was acknowledge somewhere in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 190 of 216 (789 Views)