Re: The Sims 4 Unable to send sims to school game freezes!! Any advice?

by LuvMySimz

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I have been having this issue since the first post-Parenthood patch.  I haven't been able to seriously play any of the household's that contain children because of this bug. Because of this, I haven't played Sims 4 in about 3 months? I think.  When there's a new patch, I've done the maintenance (Repairs, moved the Sims 4 folder out and let the game regenerate the game files, and of course no CC or mods.) .. but when I see that the issue still hasn't been dealt with, I shut the game down. 

@babygirlcapper above, I am getting very frustrated with the fact that I have spent a great deal of money on a game that no longer works properly (because of this and other issues)... and is that way - not because of something I've done but is because the developers broke the game with something they did.  I can't see any reason to purchase the Toddler pack right now since I can't really use it.  And I can't get excited about the upcoming Dogs and Cats pack because... well... there's not much point to get excited over something I may not be able to play.  
I really hope this issue gets resolved very soon. Disappointed

Message 171 of 216 (948 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I wish there was a way to find out about how many players are actually experiencing this bug and are unable to play. If we had a decent amount of players band together and boycott against the next expansion maybe it would make a big enough dent in sales.... which hopefully, would result in our (the loyal fan/customer) complaints to be taken seriously and priorities to be put in order. NO MORE (STUFF, GAME, EXPANSION) PACKS TILL THIS BUG IS RESOLVED. Some of the first complaints about this began in January and it is now about to hit the beginning of September.. that's 8 months.. Like most other players, I have spent roughly 6 hundred to 9 hundred dollars between buying sims base games and expansions. After investing that kind of money into this we have every right to be angry for feeling ignored.. Its us, the fans and our money that keeps this franchise running. Our voices will be louder in numbers. End Rant.

Message 172 of 216 (928 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro
Parenthood was my last purchase and gameplay hour since because of the many bugs such as the school kids bug issue which I've also been facing for many month now. I read about a work-around to minimize the screen to the smallest size when school time comes up which really does help a bit. I also understand the frustration that all these never ending bugs has given to the players. Yes, Sim4 is a huge game and it takes time to fix bugs, but some bugs seem to never ever get a fix like the mentioned one. There are many people having this bug as written in the forums, but I believe that lots of players lost confidence in EA and the game itself, because if there isn't one thing (bug) it's another (bug).
Message 173 of 216 (893 Views)

★ Pro
I just found this post by @SimGuruNick
Posted on March 7th.

"Hi @robb_m860I don't think we need to see your video of the 8AM freezing, we've been able to reproduce this as well. Thanks for the help! "

So they know about the bug.
Now we have August and the bug still has not been fixed :/
Message 174 of 216 (856 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
I just downloaded the trial yesterday to see if I wanted to buy the game but this bug keeps happenning so I might have to buy it on console when it comes out because they have to have it fixed before the console release happens right?
Message 175 of 216 (839 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

★★★★★ Novice

I've been a loyal fan of the sims since 2003, and I completely understand that this is a big game and that bugs are always going to be a thing. I also understand the fact that it takes time to fix this bugs. However, this is getting laughable, this has been a known bug since early february, that means EA had 6 months to try and fix it, and they didn't. They've had enough time already, and this bug should really be their main priority, because it's affecting the playability of the game. I've seen topics in here with no more than 40 ''me too'' that get fixed within the month, and I'm sure it's because they are easily fixable. This bug, however, looks like it's a lot more complicated.

I just want to think that you guys have been really working on this, because it's really affecting a lot of people, and no matter how much I love the game, this is making me want to quit completely, not because of the bug itself, but for the complete lack of response you guys had during the course of the year over a topic that has been getting replies almost everyday.

Message 176 of 216 (816 Views)

★ Pro
Obviously it was more important to make Toddler food also available for adults.
Message 177 of 216 (803 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I have the same issue on PC.  From Mon to Fri I make one of my sims travel to other location before 8am and after that I get the notification saying that the other sims went to school. If I stay at the house, all sims -kids and adults-  will stop what they're doing at 8am and stare at the  nothingness, saying "Aha, aha" over and over again. If they´re washing the dishes, they'll continue until the game goes back to normal. I noticed that at 8am, when you go to the job info tab, it says that the sim have to go to school in 24 hours, but is 8am already!

Hope it helps. 

Thank you!! 

Message 178 of 216 (777 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm copying what I said on the sims forums about my problem with this issue. 

I've had a few sim kids and I've never had the freeze issue, until today. I've been playing the 100 baby challenge and I have 2 teens, 2 kids, and 3 toddlers. When the 2 kids aged to child, I started getting the issue of the game freezing at 8am for a few seconds.

At first, it was one specific child that was giving me problems. I kept queuing him up to go to school and he kept dropping the queue, in between freezes. For the first two (before the 3 toddlers came along) we didn't have any freezing or hesitations or anything. But once the 3 toddlers came and the two children aged kids aged up, this one child gave me fits.

On day two, I had all the kids outside, with autonomy off, and waiting on school. It still hesitated a couple times, but only for a few RL seconds and it took a minute for the child aged kids to vanish, but everyone was at school by 8:15am.

My specs: 

AMD FX 8350
32GB RAM

GTX 1070

I saw the post where @SimGuruNick is no longer needing saves about this. I have one, if it is needed. Any other info you need, let me know, I'll be happy to provide. 

As I said, but to elaborate. I play families all the time and I usually have 2-4 kids on average and have not had this problem at all in that time. It was only once I had a full house (7 children, total: 2 teens, 2 children, 3 toddlers) that the issue came about and it seems that one of the children (child aged) is what I'd call the source of the issue. He seems to be where I'm getting the problem. I can't be 100% sure on that, but that is just the feeling I got. 

Message 179 of 216 (762 Views)

★★ Guide

@SimGuruNick 

Just an update. It does seem to be sim specific related. I went back into my game and thru manage world deleted the sim I suspected to have caused the problem and kept all the other kids (2 teens, 1 child, 3 toddlers) and the next day for school (8am) I didn't stop sims from doing anything prior to school, I didn't get them outside and ready, just let them do their own thing and all kids went to school without hesitation and not a single freeze. One teen was queued up to watch tv, one teen was in the bathroom talking to mom, and the child was on the computer playing computer games. All instantly dropped their queues and queued up to go to school. Again, with no hesitation and no freezing. 

Message 180 of 216 (756 Views)