Re: [OPEN] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

by Iamtris

Original Post

★★ Novice

Thank you also from me, I started to play the game a year ago, I love the sims I have been playing them for along time since the sims 1. It helps me cope with many of my illnesses. I am 53 and just love it so much. But when the kids and teens freeze before they go to school. It depresses me so much, I hope that it will be fixed soon. I cannot play with out the kids and teens it  brings back my memories when I raised my 4 daughters on my own. I am a widow and I fell in love with the game years back. I watch all the simmer's play on youtube. I really cannot wait until the kids and teens can go back to school as it did before. Again Thank you. Sorry for the long story but the sims all of them are just great for old people like me. 

Message 131 of 216 (803 Views)

Re: Parenthood Go To School Glitch

★★ Novice

dumonde91 Yes this happens to me with one of my favorit familes if the kids do not have school I never have a problem with the adults going to work. but the kids go to school before I adult goes to work. Like today I went in to play them they would sit at the kitchen table and eat breakfast together as the time gets close to 8:00 they would sit and just look and not move or talk, then they would move slowly, then the child would leave for school all though my two teens would not leave I even would click on them to leave for school and nothing happened. Then I would restart my computer and go back in to try again and it was just as worse as the first they would get to the line to go to school and then the whole game would freeze,  I cannot play them very depressing.

Message 132 of 216 (797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've had this problem too! It only started very recently, though. It hasn't been more than a week. I have no teens in my family at the moment, and I still get the bug. I have two young adults (the parents), two children, and a toddler. The father has work at 8:00 am, and the two kids have school. Every morning, just before 8:00 AM, the freeze thing happens without fail. It happens randomly throughout the day as well. I'm just kind of relieved that it's a common bug and that it's not just my computer. Not that that's any better. I have had no issues with The Sims 4 other than this for years. This is the first major bug. I hope they fix this soon because the game is almost unplayable with it. 

Message 133 of 216 (745 Views)

Re: Sims won't go to school, get stuck

★ Guide

I'm having the same problem as him but I'm using PC and don't have any mods or cc in my game.

Message 134 of 216 (671 Views)

Re: Sims won't go to school, get stuck

★★ Novice

Hey,

To add to the problem of going to school I found that I also have a problem of them coming back from school. Sometimes my sims and adults too if they end at (3pm or 3:30pm) wont come back home till 5pm or even 7pm. Last time it was 4pm. 

The time keeps going even if I pause. The game will freeze quite a bit and the time restarts itself. So for example I pause at 4pm the time keeps going even till 6pm and then go back to 4pm once again and my sims are still not back from work or school. Please help! 

Message 135 of 216 (653 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This happens to me as well, but I can't even save my game, because the time keeps rolling and my sim is still moving. I also am not able to pause my game at all.
Message 136 of 216 (605 Views)

Hero

Hi @Iamtris

can you remove all the tasks from the queues of your Sims ? If so, try that and see if the freeze goes away then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 137 of 216 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
Today had update !! So, this hell bug was solved??

Message 138 of 216 (559 Views)

★★★ Novice

Was this bug finally solved? Standard smile

Message 139 of 216 (550 Views)

Hero

There was nothing in the patch notes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 140 of 216 (532 Views)