Re: The suspect gonna be a chief of police office.........

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

Hi @clever_nemo

here's a workaround for that: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/01/arrested-suspect-cant-be-found-at-police-station/

merged your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 34 (2,840 Views)

Criminals become Chief of Police

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Whenever i do a case as Police in the Sims 4 get to work, the criminal become police chief. What is the problem here? 

I want to point out i got the latest version and i don't use any mods.

Message 22 of 34 (2,846 Views)

★★ Novice

Wait, we actually have to accept that EA will never patch this?

Message 23 of 34 (2,826 Views)

Relationships disappearing at Police Station and constant staff changes

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I keep having to reintroduce my Sim to the other staff working at the Police Station, they are a mix of townies, unplayed but living in the town and played households but the problem is happening with all of them.

I don't know how often the staff are supposed to change but it seems to be half of the staff every day that change including the chief, who one day was not even in the appropriate work clothes. EDIT: My new chief of police (the old one is dead in my social tab) is my SUSPECT! Now I can't interrogate them and complete my case!

Message 24 of 34 (2,834 Views)

Re: Relationships disappearing at Police Station and constant staff changes

Hero

@Trahiega

Do the Sims that were at the station before still show in your world or were they culled ?

Do you play rotationally ?

There's a solution for the suspect in this thread you can try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 34 (2,814 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict I'm not sure if they were culled from my world or not, I've played a good few hours since so I wouldn't be able to remember names to tell you unfortunately., yes I do play rotationally.

What about the other issue of having my relationships disappear? Just the minute I have had a Sim knock on my door who I know I already had a relationship with and I'm being given the Introduction options with a reset relationship bar.

Message 26 of 34 (2,801 Views)

Hero

Probably this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/child-sims-can-not-make-friends/m-p/3509749 or regular culling.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 34 (2,796 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Detective: Suspect not at station/becomes chief of police

★ Novice

I've had this glitch for 2 different cases now.  The first time it happened, I put out a second APB and tried to arrest the criminal again with it being successful the second time around.  The second case I had this glitch (just minutes ago) I tried repeatedly to arrest the criminal with no success.  Then, I noticed that the bulletin board gave me the option to go to the crime scene again, which I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to let you do.  I didn't try the crime scene right away though, I restarted the game completely, started the save inside the police station (I had saved right before the original APB--cause of glitch?  I think I had saved at the same point the first time the glitch occurred.) and tried to arrest the criminal for, as far as the game is concerned, the first time.  It failed.  So, back at the police station with an apparent escaped convict nowhere to be seen, I went to the crime scene for the hell of it since I had nothing to lose.  No criminal at the crime scene, but the normal crime scene tasks disappeared so I went back to the police station.  To my surprise, the criminal was at the station waiting for me like a loyal pet dog.  Let the interrogation begin!  To anyone with this glitch, check to see if the crime scene is available on the bulletin board again, I hope this helps!

Message 28 of 34 (2,759 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My suspect often turns into the chief and then I can't interrogate

Message 29 of 34 (2,723 Views)

Hero

Have you tried the workaround posted above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 34 (2,716 Views)