The suspect gonna be a chief of police office.........

by clever_nemo

Original Post

Re: [GTW] Detective: Suspect is not at police station to interrigate

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I don't know if this is the same but my suspect ended up appearing at the police station and became the new police chief.  I don't know what happened to the old one.  I could not interrogate the suspect or perform any actions on him.

This is when I was still going through the detective career tutorial.

Message 11 of 34 (4,006 Views)

Hero

He was promoted fast ..

@canelacaliente wrote:

This is when I was still going through the detective career tutorial.

Does that mean, it just happened now or a while ago ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 34 (3,998 Views)

★★★ Pro

This happened after the December 4, 2015 patch.

Message 13 of 34 (3,994 Views)

Hero

OK. THanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 34 (3,989 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Detective: Suspect is not at police station to interrigate

★★ Novice

i have the same problem Angry 

Message 15 of 34 (3,838 Views)

Detective career- suspect became chief

★ Novice

I have 2 bugs with my detective career. One of which is the suspect that i brought back to the police station became the chief the next day. 

Therefore, my sims will not be able to solve the case. 

Another issue, my detective sim needed to interract with the criminals at work. however, there isn't ANY criminal in the cell unlike on other days, there will be about 4.

Message 16 of 34 (3,828 Views)

Re: Detective career- suspect became chief

Hero

Hi @colourfulshades

I've merged your thread with existing bug reports: 

Here's a workaround: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/01/arrested-suspect-cant-be-found-at-police-station/

As for the missing suspects: Are you using mods in your game ? Can you check if they are back the next day ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 34 (3,816 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is an ongoing glitch I've been having. I work the case and do the APB, find the suspect and arrest them. About half the time, when I get back to the station they aren't there. If I finish out my day and come back tomorrow, there they are waiting for me.

I have noticed that it's much more likely to happen after 12 or 1pm, as if the game isn't sure there's enough time to complete the interrogation.

Dez

Message 18 of 34 (3,734 Views)

Hero

Anything in common between those that don't show up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 34 (3,725 Views)
Highlighted

The suspect gonna be a chief of police office.........

★★★ Newbie

I can't clear my main quest, be a police man.

I had captured my suspect - white hair, blouse, blue jeans and senior. And I have brought her to police office, then I have talked with my collegues for a short time. The suspect have played computer in chief's room. Suddenly my suspect is changed to a chief of police office!!! I thought tomorrow gonna be okay, but nothing was chaged. 

What should I do? I can't clear my main quest. 

Finger printing was possible. Body searching was also possible. BUT examine a suspect was IMPOSSIBLE. (My main qusest is 'examine a suspect')

I hesitated a lot before report this bug, because English is not my first language. But it was so outrageous.

Message 20 of 34 (3,658 Views)