Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: [GTW] Can't interrogate suspect

by Bevreus79

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FEEDBACK] [GTW] Detective: Suspect not at station/becomes chief of police

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

I've been playing the new expansion pack for a couple of hours, and i have a glitch when you arrest your suspect, he/she does not appear with you at the police station, making it almost impossible to complete the case. Sometimes when i finish my shift and go back the next day, the suspect is back.

The glitch has about a 60% rate of occuring.

Can someone help?

Message 1 of 34 (16,830 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Detective: Suspect not at station/becomes chief of police

Hero

• The Police Chief is squeaky clean and is beyond reproach. He can no longer be a suspect in a crime.

I don't know if this covers the whole issue so I'm going to put that on feedback for now

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 31 of 34 (3,211 Views)

All Replies

Re: [GTW] Detective: Suspect is not at police station to interrigate

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've had that happening too. I'll add it to the list tomorrow.

EDIT: Added

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (16,787 Views)

[GTW] Can't interrogate suspect

★★★★ Novice

As the suspect apparently is a ghost (which is really strange in itself) it won't follow along to the police station even if I have done the "arrest". As I can't delete the case my sim is currently working on and he is asked to interrogate the suspect I am stuck Frown.

Is there a solution to this or do I have to quit the job and restart? And what if the suspect is a ghost again?

I would love to remove all ghosts running around in public spaces - but have not found a way to do that eitherFrown

Message 3 of 34 (16,728 Views)

Hero

@Bevreus79 Merged. Don't think it's necessarily related to ghosts. Did you try returning the next day to see if he then shows up ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 34 (16,724 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
Yes, i have tried to go there three days in a row - but there is no suspect and I can't do anything but patrol or do stuff at the station.

It worked fine with the first arrests (where the suspects were not ghosts). It was when it was a ghost it stopped working - that's why I believe it has to do with them.
Message 5 of 34 (16,718 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Only thing that comes to mind is quitting and getting the job again as you said.

(or use a mod, the Debug Mod seems to give you an option to assign a new case. You have to find it yourself, since I can't really link here)

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 34 (16,698 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem too... However, after arresting a couple of people and successfully interrogating them in the past, I figured out that what they had in common was that I had at least introduced myself to them.  Introduce yourself to the sim and then arrest them.  Good luck Standard smile

Message 7 of 34 (16,520 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I tried for three days to arrest a suspect for interrogation. On the first two they did not show at the police station with me, obviously making it impossible, so I would issue another APB. On the third day I was on patrol (no option to arrest) and bumped into them. Introduced myself and returned to the station - and there they were! I don't know if there is a definite link between knowing the suspect or not but it's worth doing anyhow Standard smile
Message 8 of 34 (16,088 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Bevreus79 wrote:

Is there a solution to this or do I have to quit the job and restart? And what if the suspect is a ghost again?

That can be solved by clicking the case board after returning back and traveling to the suspect again.

Message 9 of 34 (16,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the problem too... Can't interrogate the suspect after three test.. That happened once more time before with another but at the second try i could interrogate her. But this time, the suspect never show her at the police station for interrogate. -_- Three test and bug again and again... I don't want to restart his profession since the beginning, he's at lvl 7 of the career ! o_O (My suspects are not ghosts for me and i never needed to arrest a ghost !)

Message 10 of 34 (15,582 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help