Re: [GTW] Can't interrogate suspect

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] [GTW] Detective: Suspect not at station/becomes chief of police

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've been playing the new expansion pack for a couple of hours, and i have a glitch when you arrest your suspect, he/she does not appear with you at the police station, making it almost impossible to complete the case. Sometimes when i finish my shift and go back the next day, the suspect is back.

The glitch has about a 60% rate of occuring.

Can someone help?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 34 (32,447 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Detective: Suspect not at station/becomes chief of police

Hero

• The Police Chief is squeaky clean and is beyond reproach. He can no longer be a suspect in a crime.

I don't know if this covers the whole issue so I'm going to put that on feedback for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 31 of 34 (19,800 Views)

All Replies

Re: [GTW] Detective: Suspect is not at police station to interrigate

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've had that happening too. I'll add it to the list tomorrow.

EDIT: Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (32,252 Views)

[GTW] Can't interrogate suspect

★ Novice

As the suspect apparently is a ghost (which is really strange in itself) it won't follow along to the police station even if I have done the "arrest". As I can't delete the case my sim is currently working on and he is asked to interrogate the suspect I am stuck Frown.

Is there a solution to this or do I have to quit the job and restart? And what if the suspect is a ghost again?

I would love to remove all ghosts running around in public spaces - but have not found a way to do that eitherFrown

Message 3 of 34 (32,193 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

@Bevreus79 Merged. Don't think it's necessarily related to ghosts. Did you try returning the next day to see if he then shows up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 34 (32,189 Views)

★ Novice
Yes, i have tried to go there three days in a row - but there is no suspect and I can't do anything but patrol or do stuff at the station.

It worked fine with the first arrests (where the suspects were not ghosts). It was when it was a ghost it stopped working - that's why I believe it has to do with them.
Message 5 of 34 (32,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Only thing that comes to mind is quitting and getting the job again as you said.

(or use a mod, the Debug Mod seems to give you an option to assign a new case. You have to find it yourself, since I can't really link here)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 34 (32,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem too... However, after arresting a couple of people and successfully interrogating them in the past, I figured out that what they had in common was that I had at least introduced myself to them.  Introduce yourself to the sim and then arrest them.  Good luck Standard smile

Message 7 of 34 (31,982 Views)

★ Novice
I tried for three days to arrest a suspect for interrogation. On the first two they did not show at the police station with me, obviously making it impossible, so I would issue another APB. On the third day I was on patrol (no option to arrest) and bumped into them. Introduced myself and returned to the station - and there they were! I don't know if there is a definite link between knowing the suspect or not but it's worth doing anyhow Standard smile
Message 8 of 34 (31,550 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Bevreus79 wrote:

Is there a solution to this or do I have to quit the job and restart? And what if the suspect is a ghost again?

That can be solved by clicking the case board after returning back and traveling to the suspect again.

Message 9 of 34 (31,493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have the problem too... Can't interrogate the suspect after three test.. That happened once more time before with another but at the second try i could interrogate her. But this time, the suspect never show her at the police station for interrogate. -_- Three test and bug again and again... I don't want to restart his profession since the beginning, he's at lvl 7 of the career ! o_O (My suspects are not ghosts for me and i never needed to arrest a ghost !)

Message 10 of 34 (31,043 Views)