by canelacaliente

Original Post

[FEEDBACK] [GTW] Detective Career Civilians Come through Back of Police Station

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Spa Day, Strangerville, Parenthood Stuff Packs: My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim work in the detective career and go as an active job. It will eventually occur.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a Sim is in the detective career, the civilians come through the back of the police station instead of the front. The civilians that go through the back of the police station do not let you take a police report from them. Only the normal socials are available. It seems as though they are just routing through the police station rather than coming in to file a report. When they are inside the police station, they just stand on the inside for a while and then they leave. They do not intereact with the Sim at the front desk.
What do you expect to see? Sims not to route through the police station. Only civilians who are trying to file a police report to come through the front door of the police station.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is updated with the new details.  It took a while but I finally saw it again.  I am using a new PC from when I first reported the bug so I don't think it has anything to do with my computer settings.  I started noticing it when my police officer reached level 4 of the career.  I don't know if that has anything to do with the bug.  I have gone with him on every active day he works except for one.

Message 1 of 7 (947 Views)

Re: [GTW] Detective Career Civilians Come through Back of Police Station

Hero

I'm pretty sure they come through the front door for me. Need to test.

Does that happen with all of them ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (936 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Does that happen with all of them ?

Something seems to trigger this.  I start off with a new Sim in the career and they only come through the front door.  After a while, they stop coming through the front door and only come through the back door.  I have tested this with multiple Sims in the same save and multiple saves.  I still haven't been able to pinpoint what is causing this.

Message 3 of 7 (931 Views)

Hero

Added as to test.

Don't really consider this a major issue though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (921 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yeah, once in a blue moon they did that for me as well. They walked in the back door and back out the front. Then others came back in the front door.

I wouldn't really count it as a bug but ...I'll take feedback what others think about this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (906 Views)

Re: [FEEDBACK] [GTW] Detective Career Civilians Come through Back of Police Stat

★★★ Pro

Disregard my last post.  This has not been fixed.

Message 6 of 7 (547 Views)

Re: [FEEDBACK] [GTW] Detective Career Civilians Come through Back of Police Stat

Community Manager

Hey @canelacaliente I have locked this thread as this thread is a number of years old.

If you are having an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible as to the issue.

We would ask that you not respond to/bump threads that are a number of years old and instead create a new thread.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (527 Views)