• Card table - no "play together with group" interaction
  • Expresso makers - No option to clean
  • DJ booths - no option to upgrade
  • No option to clog bath/shower combos
Message 1 of 7 (762 Views)

Re: [GT] Objects Missing Interactions on Community Lots

★★ Guide

Hello @canelacaliente ,

You should be able to initiate group play with any game table by selecting the "Play <game> with" option and selecting up to three additional sims to join your selected sim. If this option is not visible or is not selectable, ensure that there are other playable sims present on the lot (not service NPCs) and that you have no mods which conflict with game tables. If you are unsure which mods might conflict with game tables then test your game with mods disabled entirely to determine whether or not the problem is mod-related. You can do so by removing all mod files from your "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods" directory or you can uncheck the "Script Mods Allowed" and  "Enable Custom Content and Mods" options under "Game Options" -> "Other" in your main menu.

The Espresso Makers can only be cleaned on lots that you own since the 'Clean' interaction requires that one of your active sims tends the café. While on unowned community lots, the espresso makers are auto-tended by NPCs which are generated specifically for service pools which cannot be overridden without mods.

You are correct that the DJ booth cannot be upgraded on community lots however if you require the options, you can temporarily change the lot type to residential, move in a sim with the skill to upgrade the booth, then move them back into their home and change the lot type back to "Night Club."

Message 2 of 7 (729 Views)

★★★ Pro
I don't have any mods.

It should have the option to play with group on the card table like the Don't Wake The Llama table. Instead of havt to go through the menu option.

NPCs are not spawning at the expresso makers. After my Sim uses them for a while they can't be cleaned. My Sim doesn't have the option to own the lot.
Message 3 of 7 (717 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Regarding the espresso machine, in that case, the problem is that the NPC is not generated or not summoned to the active community lot. This can only be the result of mod/content conflicts, or corruption of neighborhood data. Try creating a test file by renaming your "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" directory then re-launching the game. Test one of the default community lots, then return to the lot where you've encountered the error. You can transfer lots to a new file by saving them to your gallery in your current file, transferring the contents of your "Tray" folder under "My Document\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4," then inserting the lot from the gallery while in build mode at the desired location.

For the card table you should see the following options:

Play Cards With

The "Play Cards With" option is identical to the "Play With" option for Don't Wake The Llama and if you're not seeing it then you may have a conflict with downloaded content or your game may require 'repairing'.

Message 4 of 7 (713 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

On the wake the llama table there's also an interaction called Play together with the group icon which is missing on the Card table.

As for the espresso machine, which lot type are there no NPCs spawning on ? Can you now hire a barista ? 

EDIT: Added for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (706 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

They are not spawning on any lot that is not a cafe.  If I change the lot type to cafe they will spawn.  I created a club room and put the coffee machine and the grinder upstairs on a a counter for the Sims to use.  All Sims, including the NPCs use it but there is no option to clean.  A similar example on my setup would be the Paragons hangout in Windenburg. 

The machine gets dirty but there is no option to clean it:

02-21-16_7-29-53 AM.png

No NPC spawns at the pool. 

02-21-16_7-07-23 AM.png

I also don't have the option to hire a barista.

02-21-16_7-07-30 AM.png

Message 6 of 7 (688 Views)

★★★ Pro

Here are pictures to show the issue with the card table.

Wake the Llama Table:

02-21-16_7-12-07 AM.png

Card Table:

02-21-16_7-12-31 AM.png

Message 7 of 7 (683 Views)