[FEEDBACK] Count Down Timer On Drinks/Food Is Missing

by mrstragicclown

Original Post

[FEEDBACK] Count Down Timer On Drinks/Food Is Missing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I noticed that the count down timer on my drinks has just vanished. I can no longer tell when I should freshen a drink or when they will spoil. The timer is just no longer there anymore?  No mods or downloads in my game. Playing on PC Windows 7.  

Message 1 of 15 (1,270 Views)

Re: Count Down Timer On Drinks Is Missing

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (1,247 Views)

★ Guide

I wonder if this is because they are also the high enough cook or have the aspiration award for cooking that their food never spoils.

I noticed that my food lost its countdown timer also and then scrolling through things in aspirations remembered 'oh yeah that first thing i did way back when...' I got the ability to have my food not spoil.

Perhaps it is interfering with the drink timer.

Message 3 of 15 (1,245 Views)

My drinks don't have a quality...

★★★ Novice

I noticed just recently that my drinks nolonger have a quality or expire time...  But I have tasks and whims where I have to make an "excellent quality" drink.

Message 4 of 15 (1,129 Views)

Re: My drinks don't have a quality...

Hero

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (1,126 Views)

Hero

@mrstragicclown Is this still an issue of you or have you ever figured out what's causing this (see suggestion above)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (1,195 Views)

★★★ Pro

The food in my game starts missing the timer.  I don't know what is causing this but my Sims don't have the reward trait.  This happens on both community and home lots.  I have tested with food made by my Sims and NPCs.

Picture of food with timer (correct):

Spoiler
02-29-16_6-01-17 AM.png

Picture of Food without timer (bugged):

Spoiler
02-29-16_6-01-15 AM.png
Message 7 of 15 (1,169 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Is it just one Sim they have started missing for or all your Sims in your household ?

Does restarting the game make it appear again on new foods that specific Sim makes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (1,156 Views)

★★★ Pro

Is it just one Sim they have started missing for or all your Sims in your household ?

It happens for any Sim that cooks in the game.  Including NPCs.  If I were to hire a caterer, some of the food the caterer cooks would be missing the timer.   It happens with single plates of food Sims have started eating.  I haven't seen it happen on group meals.  I am not sure what else triggers it.

Does restarting the game make it appear again on new foods that specific Sim makes ?

Restarting the game doesn't help.

Message 9 of 15 (1,150 Views)

Hero

Did you try repairing or new game for testing purposes ? If it's just the save affected, would be great if you can upload the save somewhere and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (1,145 Views)