Re: German keyboard issues

by KEVIN-GP14

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FEEDBACK] CTRL+Z doesn't work for me

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm from germany, and my CTRL+Z (on German layout STRG+Z) doesn't work.

In addition the ESC to release an object, exit wall creation mode etc. too. Everytime I have to click the the onscreen button to cancel.

I already tried to reinstall sims, it doesn't work.
But strangely the ESC works in live mode (it opens the options menu, to save, exit etc. Game)

Message 1 of 8 (2,126 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CTRL+Z doesn't work for me

[ Edited ]
Hero

Does CTL-Y work (since y and z are switched on the german/english keyboard. It would of course be a bug but please try)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (2,294 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Does CTL-Y work (since y and z are switched on the german/english keyboard. It would of course be a bug but please try)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,295 Views)

German keyboard issues

★★ Novice

I had wondered why the keyboard shortcut CTRL+Z to recovery the last step does not work in my game.
An EA support staff pointed out to me to try the English press CTRL+Y and to post the issue on this forum, since the developers have a look at this threads.

The attempt succeeded, CTRL + Y works.

In summary: Dear SIMS 4 developer team, please add the support for German keyboard layout - here are the Y and Z keys replaced.

Message 3 of 8 (2,098 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've merged your threads and moved to the bug forum. I'm adding to the list later.

Thanks for confirming that.

@KEVIN-GP14 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,095 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Yeah, the QWERTY vs AZERTY issue. I'm Dutch but used to work for a German company. So at work i had to use a AZERTY keyboard and when i got back home i had to get used to my old QWERTY again for the first 15 minutes. 

So far i haven't seen an option to change the hotkeys, maybe there are some mods for that. Changing them in the file itself didn't really work Standard smile

Message 5 of 8 (2,088 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Excuse me, of course Standard smile Your suggestion was it with the STRG+Y, I forgot that I had already started this thread Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (2,086 Views)

Hero

I've added to the list and marked as solved since there is a solution to this although it needs fixing nonetheless.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (2,067 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

when you hit (both left) ctrl+shift during the game you should be able to use ctrl+z Standard smile at least I think so Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (2,022 Views)